THIRTY TWO

"AVA!"

The youngest Cruz sibling turned around to the sound of her name, noticing that it was Sebastian who had now appeared through the hospital doors.

"Seb, I told you that-"

"I know what you told me, Ava. But this is my wife and kid we're talking about, I had to be here." Noticing the sadness and frustration in his eyes, Ava frowned a bit, then going in to give him a hug.

"I'm so lucky to have you as a brother in law, you love my sister so much." The moment he heard her voice crack a bit, Sebastian had to fight back a couple of tears. With his nerves already on the edge, it was difficult but he needed to be strong for Ava.

"H-H-how is she? Has the doctor said anything?" Ava shook her head slowly, looking down at the floor.

"They're still checking on her, I literally want to cry again. I hate not knowing if she's okay or my little niece/nephew."

"How's your dad and Matt?"

"Matt was the one who found her, he's like, in shock. They've always been tied together to the limb, every time the other gets hurt, it's like they both do. And dad, he's trying to be strong for Matt and I, but I can tell he's devastated." Sebastian just couldn't understand. What had the - his - family done to deserve this? What had Rowan done? It wasn't fair, was all he thought. His wife was amazing, especially an amazing mother. Why was life deciding to punish her?

"Family members of Mrs. Rowan Stan?" Both Sebastian's and Ava's head shot up at those words, racing towards the doctor, calling the attention of Bruce and Matt to follow them.

"Y-Y-Yes. That's us. Please Doctor, tell us. Is she okay?"
Sebastian noticed the doctor's eyes fall on him, before taking a look down at his papers, then back up at him.

"Are you her husband?" Without responding, Sebastian nodded his head, not knowing what to expect anymore.

"Come with me. I'll take you to your wife while I explain what happened. She doesn't know yet, she's been asleep."

_________

SEBASTIAN HESITATED AT OPENING THE DOOR.

The doctor had informed him that Rowan was finally awake, that it was okay for him to enter and be with her.

He hadn't seen her in about two months due to him filming in Ireland, and this certainly wasn't the way he wanted to see her.

Nonetheless, he knew she needed him. Just like he always needed her. That's why he hopped into a plane right at the moment Ava texted him. This was his wife, the love his life. He would never abandon her.

He just couldn't help but feel like what had happened was his fault.

"Sebastian?" Seeing her in the hospital bed was difficult for him to grasp. Rowan looked exhausted, sad. He was so used seeing her so full of life, not battling for it.

The first thing he did the moment he was close enough was lean down and place a kiss on her forehead. Taking in a deep breath, Sebastian took a seat right beside her in her hospital bed.

"You're here. But your movie-"

"Nothing in this world is more important than being right beside you. I promised you that I'll always be beside you when we got married." Rowan didn't want to cry, she had done so enough. But his words and tone only worried her more.

"The doctors haven't told me anything, they said you wanted to be the one to tell me. Sebastian, you're scaring me. What happened?" Grabbing a hold of her hand that was closest to him, Rowan closed her eyes. She didn't know what to expect anymore.

"They said you were low on vitamins even though the studies showed you've been taking your prescribed ones, so they're still trying to figure that out. Also, you had really high stress levels, causing the incident you had."

"Seb, did I?" She couldn't even say the entire question without fearing she would break down and cry. The way he was explaining what had caused every thing was terrifying her.

"No baby, they're okay." The weight that came out of her chest was insane, she couldn't explain. It even caused her to take a slower time to realize what Sebastian had said. Looking back at him, she gave him a puzzled look.

"They're?"

And finally, she saw a smile, a weak one though, appear on his lips.

"Yeah, we're having twins." That was it. Rowan didn't even care about fighting the tears anymore, squeezing the hand that held hers.

"Why am I even surprised? I'm a twin for god's sake! I'm, I'm just so happy they're okay. I was so terrified, Sebastian. I don't know what I would have done if-" Sebastian cut off the rest of her sentence when he brought her into a hug, Rowan resting her head on his shoulder.

"Don't. It doesn't matter anymore. I swear I won't ever leave you alone again, I'm never letting this happen again. Our babies are going to born so healthy, I promise you. This is all my fau-"

"Now you don't. Like the doctors said, maybe the vitamins weren't enough for two, and my stress comes from everywhere Sebastian. None of this was your fault, none of it. You make me so happy. So don't start saying its your fault, cause then you'll actually be the reason for my stress." Smiling a bit again, Sebastian let go of his wife to be able focus on her face. He then looked down to her stomach.

"I really don't get how you didn't know you were having twins, I mean look-"

"Don't finish that sentence if you want to live." He chuckled at her words, placing one of his hands on top of her stomach.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

______

BITCH THEY HAVING TWINSSSSSS

see I'm not that evil y'all

how can I be when you guys won me the best Seb fic on MARVEL FANFIC AWARDS 😭 honestly what the fuck did I to deserve this, to deserve all of you.

I love you all so so so so much is all I can say