Nightmares

Found this short one in my drafts and thought I'd post it too. Enjoy!

It happened often. With everything he went through it was hard not to get them. The only thing that was okay about them was the company that followed the nightmare. Every time it happened Steve would burst through the door and comfort his best friend (and boyfriend), calming him down and hugging him. As time went on everyone was getting more comfortable with Bucky being there and slowly, the nightmares became less frequent.

{present tense}

Bucky thrashed around in his bed, images flash through his head. His metal hand curled into a ball clutching his bed sheets. He screamed in pain and continued to shake in the bed, covered in sweat. "I'm sorry!" He screeched awakening his boyfriend in the room next door. Steve jumped out of his bed and rushed into Bucky's room. "Bucky! Wake up" He shouted but it doesn't work. "I'm sorry Tony! I didn't know!" Tears streamed down Bucky's face as he yelled, thrashed and screamed in his bed with Steve by his side trying to wake the brunet up. "Baby! Bucky please wake up!" Steve yelled with a worried expression evident in his eyes.

The brunet sits up with a start, grabbing Steve by the shoulders sharply. Steve breathed heavily not sure whether Bucky was okay or not. Bucky's eyes snapped open and filled with relief when he saw Steve's wide baby blue eyes staring back at him. "Stevie.... Did I hurt you? Please tell me I didn't hurt you." Bucky's eyes scanned Steve's face for pain the his body for marks he could have made. "Don't worry about me baby, you didn't hurt me. Are you okay? You scared me a little." Steve wrapped his arms around Bucky hugging him tightly. "I am now, can you stay with me please? I don't want to be alone." Steve lay down on the bed with Bucky snuggled in his arms, "Always."