Chapter Seven

After the concert in Perth we headed to Adelaide and thankfully it was a day off. Alex and I sat in the front lounge to Skype this person to help our marriage and to be honest this is a total waste of time because we don’t even need to ‘help’ it. It was a fucking accident and I don’t understand why people don’t get that. Soon someone answered the call and a lady with her hair tied up and smart clothes on with massive eyes looked back at us. “Hello you must be Katherine and Alexander Gaskarth?” she asked.

“Katie and Alex would be fine please,” I said and Alex agreed as the lady nodded her head.

“My name is Emma,” she smiled and she seemed really nice as we said hello to her. We heard rustling noises of paper and she looked down at them putting her glasses on to see clearer. “So, why don’t you guys first off tell me what has happened then?”

“Well on the first night back in our hometown, Alex pushed me off the bed,” I said.

“But you were kicking me so I had every right too,”

“He’s inconsiderate and horrible towards me,”

“Excuse me but you do the same to me too,” he shot back.

“But the words you say actually hurt me like when you called me an ugly creature. Did your parents teach you anything about respecting a girl?”  I asked.

“You said horrible things too and it’s hurt to me too, girls show emotion as guys don’t remember that,” he said and I looked down.

“So you guys seem to not be getting along. Well have you got a day off tomorrow Alex?” Emma asked and he nodded his head. “Why don’t you guys go on what’s like a date,” she said.

“What? A date! We’re not 16 anymore Emma.” Alex growled.

“But it will help you mend things trust me. I’ve been doing this for 10 years now and it helps,” she said and we nodded our heads. “I will speak to you guys in the next two weeks bye for now.” And she hung up. I shut up the laptop screen down and looked at Alex.

“Look I’m really sorry about the things I said to you, I never knew it actually hurt you but the things you say can be hurtful too,” I said.

“I don’t care about that right now Katie I just want you to leave me the fuck alone.” Alex hissed and I got up and looked at him.

“You are such a dick Alex you don’t need to let everything out on me. I have feelings you asshole.” I spat at him and waited for a comeback but he looked away from me and I huffed walking into the back lounge and saw the boys looking at me worriedly.

“What you said about Alex’s parents was cold Katie.” Zack said and I looked at him.

“What? I don’t understand,” I said confused.

“Wait you don’t know about his family?” Jack asked and I shook my head.

“Well can someone tell me?” I asked them but they shook their heads.

“It’s best for Alex to tell you that.” Rian said and I looked at him and nodded my head. What I said must’ve hurt him but he still doesn’t need to say that to me because I don’t know what’s happened to his family so I can defend myself. I got into my bunk and called Amelia.

“Hello?” her groggy voice spoke and I forgotten that it was early morning back in Baltimore.

“Hi sorry to call you I forgot about time difference,” I said.

“It’s fine. How’s Australia?” she asked.

“Shit but it’s a good thing that it’s a day off in Adelaide but I have to spend it with Alex,” I groaned.

“What’s happened now?” she asked.

“I said something about his family and now he’s pissed off at me but he doesn’t need to do that because I don’t know about his family but hopefully he might tell me tomorrow,” I said.

“Ah right. He will come round by tomorrow,” she said.

“Yeah hopefully. How’s back home?” I asked.

“Everything’s fine. Your grandmother is fine. I saw her today and she still remembers me,” she said excitedly and I laughed. It’s great to talk to your best friend because even though there’s a bad situation they can always make you feel better.

“That’s brilliant ha-ha. Anyway I better go now but I will speak soon.”

“Take care of yourself Katie.” She said and I hung up and looked at the pictures beside me. I smiled and touched my parents faces and smiled

“I wish you were here again mum and dad. I’m missing you guys like crazy. Love you and miss you guys so much.” I said and cuddled more into the bunk. Letting tonight events go and wonder what’s going to happen tomorrow.