10 - Unbreakable Bond of Sisters

[EDITED]

"I called you here because I want you to cook for the students" Rafael Roux, told me while chewing on a gum

"I called you here because I want you to cook for the students" Rafael Roux, told me while chewing on a gum. I swear this man does things teenagers do. Sorry to say but your old face isn't going to look younger any minute.

"Isn't it supposed to be your job?" I asked grumpily. I mean, it's 12 o'-fucking- clock and I'm sleeping so soundly when someone dragged me out of the super comfy sheets of my bed. Yes. By dragged, they literally pulled me on the floor. Yeah.... imagine that before you judge me.

"Yes.... but I would be helping too. Consider it as a final bonding" He smiled and that caught my attention.

"Final? What do you mean by that?" I asked confused and scared, please don't tell me that you're going to do what I'm thinking.

"I'm going to retire after this" A small gasp escape my lips.

"That can't be! You're one of the greatest chefs I've ever known! The culinary world will surely lose-" He shook his head and told me to stop.

"I'm growing old just like what you always tell me. My wife and child are waiting for me in France. It's time for me to pass the reign to the youngsters like you. Despite me leaving the competitive culinary world, many rough diamonds will resurface and improve, probably be better than me." He started with a solemn smile.

"You've got a child? And a wife?" I questioned in a state of shock. Again, don't judge me. I listened to his intro speech, it's just that the small fact caught my interest alot more.

"I told you I'm not a virgin" He winked before coughing and returning to his monologue.

"I saw the difference in cooking. I'm stuck with the same old style while the world is improving and different styles resurface. It simply isn't my time anymore. But that doesn't mean I will just shut the world completely off. Many years of my life was fun because of cooking and that is something I will be forever thankful for. If you need me, I'll be here to guide you. Always" He smiled and patted my hair softly.

"Well... That reassures me. Kind of. Still, it isn't a bad decision. All the years you spent without your family... You can finally pay them back and spend all your time with them. You're going immediately after the camp?"