five

Hi loves! Enjoy!

I spend the next few hours unpacking and making my room feel more like home. All in all, I love the room, but it just doesn't feel like home.

Maybe Harry will make it feel like home?

I mean like, only because he'll be my roommate.

"Louis," Harry drags out. Speak of the devil. I hear a few knocks on my door and then his face is peaking through the door. He has a playful smile on his face once he sees me.

"It's dinner time and we don't have any food in the refrigerator yet," he says, "So I was thinking we should go out and grab something."

My stomach started to flutter and my heart began to race. Alone? Out to eat? With Harry.

"Um, I'm not too hungry," I tell him, even though it's not true. I look away and try to distract myself with something else.

"Don't lie to me," he says seriously while narrowing his eyes, "you probably haven't eaten all day." But soon after, a smile returns, "C'mon, I'll pay for it."

I look back at him and sigh, "fine."

He smiles even wider, "be down in 10."

I nod and once he leaves I go to my closet and pick out a pair of shoes to wear. I'm not changing my outfit, because quite frankly, I look fine in this. I brush my hair a bit and then sweep it to the side.

I go downstairs and feed my two cats along with my hedgehog. I see Harry sitting at the island, swinging on the chair, while tapping away at his phone. I run upstairs quickly and grab my phone and wallet.

Once I get downstairs he's slipping on his boots, so I go and do the same. I slip on my black and white vans I picked out and pull on a sweatshirt.

"Ready?" He says while quickly eyeing me up and down. I nod and open the door. I make sure I have all the keys I need before Harry locks it and we start walking down the hall. It's quite awkward if I'm honest.

"Where was your old apartment?" He asks me, probably trying to clear away some tension.

"Towards the bottom of the floor. Small. It wasn't very big. You?" I tell him while he nods. He covers her mouth and starts to laugh, trying to cancel the sounds.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing. It just sounded wrong. What you said," he responds while flipping his hair to the side. I guess he was talking about the small. Not very big. You?

I give him a look that says 'seriously', "How immature."

"Sorry," he laughs while putting his hands up in defense. "But my flat wasn't very big either. Quite frankly, I like the penthouse much better."

I nod and tell him it's very pretty. The penthouse, that is.

When we get to the car park he offers to drive in his car and I agree. It's a pretty nice car and I want to ask what he does for a living. I hop into the passenger seat and clip my seatbelt on.

"Right, where to?" He looks over at me. I shrug.

"Anywhere is fine."

"You pick, love. I'm up for anything," he smiles sincerely at me.

I think for a few moments, "Why don't you surprise me? Take me anywhere you think has good food."

He hums and nods, we pull out of the apartment complex and down the road. He turns on the radio and rolls down the windows a bit.

We pull onto a mini mall street, which I've been to a few times before. The long street is lined up with shops, restaurants, cafes, and coffee shops. He parks on the side of the street and gets out. I get out as well and meet up with him on the sidewalk.

"I've been to this restaurant many times before, they have great food." We walk a little bit to the entrance. It looks very cute on the inside, there are tables with candles on it and lights strung up around the room. I can't help but wonder who else he has taken here. Not that it really matters though.

"Table for 2," Harry tells the lady working at the front. She nods and leads us to a table towards the back. We thank her and sit down.

"What do you recommend I get?" I ask while scanning through the menu.

"Depends on what you're in the mood for," he says while he too, looks through the menu.

I hum, the menu is full of different courses. I end up choosing pasta primavera.

The waitress comes back and takes our orders. Harry orders steak with potatoes and I order my dish.

We munch on our bread while we wait for our food to come out.

"So, Harry Styles, what do you do for a living?" I ask while sipping my water.

"I work for my father's business. It's a small business, you most likely wouldn't know the name of it. But I work under him and it's a fine job I guess." I hum and nod. "What about you, shorty?"

I narrow my eyes at him, " I'm not short!" He just smirks at me and I roll my eyes. "I'm a veterinarian. Job is good, and it pays well. I like it quite honestly." I tell him.

"So that's why there are furry creatures running around the flat," he jokes and I nod.

Our food comes out and it smells and looks delicious.

"Wow this looks great," I tell him while picking up my fork.

He nods, "Always good food here."

I almost moan at the taste, it's so good. So I guess Harry was right about this restaurant.

We continue our dinner with small talk and quiet laughs. We get to know each other better. Talking about our past, where he felt much sympathy for me but I told him it's fine, and to where we are now. We share our stories and memories together, and maybe Harry isn't so bad after all. But I'm not fooled by his charming looks and calmly voice. Not yet. I

We get the check after finishing our meals. I try to grab the check but he beats me to it.

"Harry, I got it," I tell him while reaching for it.

"I told you I'd buy you dinner," he says while taking out his wallet.

"Let me at least pay half, this food wasn't very cheap."

He shakes his head, "Don't worry about it love," he smiles and I sigh in defeat.

The waitress comes and grabs his credit card.

"Thank you Harry, it wasn't necessary."

"You're welcome," he smiles at me.

Once he gets his credit card, we head to his car.

Suddenly it feels like that was more of a date than anything else. But surely he doesn't feel the same way. Right?

So much school work lol. Sorry for not updating all the time.

But feel free to read my other story, coach styles, in the meantime!

Published: 9/25/16
Words: 1177