Chapter 10: I'm gonna tell him

Jack's POV:
It was 6 weeks after Mark's dad died and he's gotten better. He still had breakdowns from time to time, but they've become less frequent. I've also been thinking about telling him how I feel and hoping that we would accept my feelings. We were in class and I handed him a note.
Meet me behind the school when school is over. I have something important to tell you.
~Jack
I saw him write something down, then hand the paper back to me.
I'll be there. :)
~Mark
I smiled and put the paper in my pocket. I decided to actually pay attention to the teacher this time. After what seemed like forever, the bell rung. I walked to my last class, which was music. During class, all I could think about is telling Mark. I just hoped that he would accept my feelings. I was taken out of my thoughts when I heard Felix say my name.
"Hello, Earth to Jack?" Felix said, waving his hand in my face.
"Oh uh..... sorry about that. I was just deep in my thoughts."
"Let me guess. You were thinking about Mark weren't you?"
I nodded my head.
"Actually, I planned on telling him that I like him after school today."
His eyes got wide and a huge grin formed on his face.
"Oh my god! Really?!" Felix whispered.
I nodded and told him to calm down a little.
"Sorry. It's just that you guys are my OTP."
I chucked a little and we continued to talk until class was over. I rushed out of the school went behind the building. After about 5 minutes of waiting, Mark sees me and comes behind the school too.
"Hey Jack. What do you need to tell me?"
I was shaky and sweaty, but I took a deep breath, and began to speak.
"I've been wanting to tell you this for a while now, but I was always afraid that you would reject me. I've decided that today would be the day I told you. Mark......."
I was freaking out and I felt sick, but I continued to speak.
".....I like you and I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me."
Mark looked at me with surprise. I got scared because I thought he was gonna say no or that he was straight. We continued to stare at each other for a while, but then Mark spoke.
"Well, I guess now is the perfect time to tell you that I like you too and that I would love to go out with you."
I was shocked, but happy at the same time. I couldn't believe that Mark liked me too. We hugged for a while before he said this:
"I guess its also to the perfect time to do this."
Then it happened. I felt his lips press against mine. I felt sparks as we kissed. I was so happy. I've been waiting for this moment for a while and it finally happened. After about a minute, we just stared at each other. Then, we started to walk home. As we were walking, I felt Mark intertwine his fingers with mine. After we arrived to my door, we said goodbye and I went in. My mom was in the kitchen.
"Where were you?" My mom asked.
"Sorry. I was with Mark and we kinda lost track of time." I replied.
"You could've at least called me."
"Sorry about that ma."
"Its fine. So, how was your day?"
I was so excited to tell her about my day.
"It was fine. We had history, I have my first boyfriend, and we had a free period today."
"Wait a minute, say that again." My mom said, with a confused look on her face.
"We had a free period today?" I said.
"No the thing before that."
"Oh. I have my first boyfriend."
My mom's eyes went wide and her smile got bigger.
"Congratulations Jack! Who is he?"
"Mark."
"The boy who lives right next to us?"
I nodded.
"Yeah thats him."
"Well, I'm happy for you guys!"
"Thanks mom."
And with that, I went upstairs to my room and texted Felix.
J: Felix guess what?
F: what?
J: Mark accepted my feelings and now were dating!
F: OMG REALLY?
J: Yea. Turns out he liked me too.
F: wow! Well, congrats man
J: Thanks Felix. Btw, how's it going with you and Cry?
F: its goin good. Anyways, I g2g
J: ok. Bye
F: bye
I put my phone on my nightstand and layed down on my bed. I was so happy that Mark and I are together. Eventually, sleep came and we fought. In the end, sleep won.
----------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I decided to update 2 chapters today bc why the fuck not. Anyways, let me know if you liked it by hitting that vote button and feel free to leave a comment down below.

I start school tomorrow ughhh

Btw, Thank you guys for over 60 views! I think my writing sucks ass but I'm glad you guys like it! I'm so happy!

BYEEEE :P