7.

Maya said she'd set up camp, but you couldn't leave her there to struggle, so you ended up helping.

She kept saying
"No, I got it",
and then pushing you away.

One time, she pushed too hard and made you loose balance and fall onto her while she was setting up the tent.

You two laughed, covered in the sheets of the tent.

"I'm sorry, I won't help anymore..." You apologize.

"Okay, good, ya' klutz."

You both share a laugh.

While Maya is setting up, you go inside the house that Maya's friend was lending you guys.

You look look around to see a small bed in the front room.

You wonder why you can't just sleep here.

You walk further into the house, stepping into the kitchen that was connected to the living room.

The kitchen had orange walls and a checkered floor.

There was a table at the left of the room with an open window leading to the living room.

You walk into the living room, happy to see a TV inside.

You didn't want to explore that much more so you leave the house, noticing that Maya has already set up the whole camp.

"So, what do ya' want for dinner?" Maya calls out as she walks over to you.

"Maybe we could roast hot dogs over the fire?" You suggest.

Maya was being gay and scrunched her nose in fake disgust.

"Okay, but just for you." Maya gave in, walking past you to to get the hot dogs from the fridge.

Your gaze follows her, a smile displayed across your face.

You start to start a fire using the small iron fireplace by the house.
It was placed above the brick ground that was built above the grass, surrounded by a very small, white fence.

Once you get the fire going, you hear a door close.
You smile when you see Maya, and you grab two of the sticks you bought and give one to her.

"Thanks, Riles." Maya says, looking down at her stick and twisting it with her tiny fingers.

She then looks up and gives you a frozen hot dog.

You both sit down on the chairs near the fire, roasting your food.

"I'm glad I got to do this." You say.

"Me too." Maya replies, smiling.

You both intertwine your fingers, smiling at the fire in front of you.

You look towards Maya.

"So, is everything with Eliza okay?"
You ask, gaining a glance from Maya.

She smiles, looking down.

"Everything's great, actually."
She begins after a moment, whipping her head up to look at you.

"Yeah, we have a great relationship, and sure, Eliza can be jealous at times, but who isn't with their partner?"
Maya rambled.

You smile at every word, wishing that you could've been spending time with Maya.

Of course, not what she does with Eliza!
No, no, no.
You're simply platonic.

Right?