9/4/2016

I SEE IT NOW
The meme of the month is Harambe. Why did I not think of this? It's been a while, but for some reason, in August the Harambe memes really blew up. Rest in peace, sir. Oh, and I was debating between this one:

 Oh, and I was debating between this one:

And Harambe for a while. But we all know who deserved to win that round.

What's Up?
So I had to get registered at my new school. Basically, I was very awkward, couldn't look anyone in the eye, and couldn't open my locker. :P TBH I've never in my life used a combination lock because at my old school we didn't have lockers. Sad, I know. But yeah. That was my awkward little story. Oh, and speaking of school, it starts day after tomorrow. 😱 NOOO.
And... What else? It's been a pretty bland couple of weeks. I learned how to make your own PXD/PSDs, which is really fun.

Website For Designers?! 😱😱😱
Guys! I found this really great website while searching for some design inspiration. It's called Digital Sypnosis. (Link will be in external link + comments.) Think of it as a Buzzfeed but for graphic and web designers. It has regular news from the designing world (So-and-So Makes Amazing GIFs!) but also some silly posts (like 10 Things Customers Say That Annoy Designers). It also has some pretty great inspiration. So if you're like me, you will love this website.  

Who's the Big Cheese?
I would say -silenced because I work with her on stuff for GraphicKingdom and she's been really great. But it's not just her-- all of the other Kingdom members have been fantastic.

Swimsuit Police?!?
Have you guys heard that story where a Muslim woman in France was forced to remove her leggings and hijab on a beach by gun-bearing policemen? W. T. F. ARE YOU DOING FRANCE?! There are so many things wrong with this.
1. This is literally harassment. In what world is it okay to FORCE someone to TAKE OFF THEIR CLOTHES, regardless of religion?! By policemen too!
2. She wasn't even wearing a frigging burkini, which France so infamously banned. No, she was wearing r e g u l a r clothing and a hijab and was probably just trying to enjoy a day at the beach. Other than a hijab, all she was doing was wearing leggings and a long-sleeved dress. Regular clothes. 
3. This is hardly anything new. In the 1930s, police(men) used to measure women's swimsuits to make sure they weren't too revealing. That in itself is ridiculous, but what's worse is that now, literally EVERYTHING women wear is judged or prohibited. "Ohhh no, can't be too scandalous! Oh, you want to cover up? Nope, sorry, take it all off, woman! Oh, hello, kind sir, wearing a wetsuit. That's perfectly okay." When. Will. We. Have. The. Freedom. To. Wear. What. We. Want?!
4. This is just... Ugh. A horrible display of Islamophobia and ignorance.
What are your thoughts on this?

What's the Big Cheese?
1. "Plan Bea" by HilaryGrossman
It's a really nice chick lit, the only thing was that I got way too into in. XD JK JK.
2. "Chasing Mr. Crown" by SuzyEngland
*wipes sweat off forehead* That had to be one the most infuriating stories ever. Therefore, I like it.

Musings of the While
• Do you guys even like this thing?

• Me IRL: Hi, um, I need my locker combination-- or number-- I mean both-- er, yeah, please.
Me on the Internet: I am an extremely intelligent, articulate, sophisticated, and a socially active Homo sapiens sapiens.

• Me: OMG THAT WAS SO EMBARRASSING NO ONE CAN EVER KNOW ABOUT THIS EVER.
Me on the Internet: Okay guys so this reaaally embarrassing thing happened today...

• Why are school supply lists either WAYYY too general and you have no idea what to get or WAYYY too specific and you can literally find nothing?! They're either "spiral notebooks" or "economy-size 3.14-inch binder with a yellow outside, blue inside, complete with a clear slot, with purple glitter border, and no orange mini-size highlighters-- we had an incident 11 years ago." Lately I've just been ignoring them just getting what I think I'll need.

• TBH by now this is just me being random and writing down whatever comes to mind. Wow I thought I was more interesting than this.

• I think I figured out the reason why we are our own harshest critics. Because no one else in the entire universe, no one, no matter how smart, arrogant, or argumentative someone is, no one can judge you as badly as you judge yourself. Why? Because no one has the same intellectual capacity as you. No one is at the same level of savageness and pettiness as you do. No one judges you as harshly as yourself because only you can compete with yourself. Because you're you, and it hurts to be hurt by you. And because you just got owned by yourself, you can't come up with a better comeback because YOU made the first one. Does any of this make sense??

• Similar to the last one. Do you ever look at a word for so long that it begins to look really weird or wrong? I think that's what we do about our bodies.

Some Good Songs
1. Lilly Singh - Voices
SO GOOD. It gets really deep at some points too. But the best part is that depending on your mood, a different part of the song is relatable to you.

2. Halsey - Colors
This song is a lot more sad than we give it credit for.

Handwriting Challenge