Chapter 5

Jordan and I began placing bets on the gender, he thought it would be a girl where as I thought it would be a boy. We also began discussing names. We still hadn't told anyone apart from Olivia and Jade and Ryan, Jordan's best friend. We also hadn't decided how we were going to tell everyone, although we were having ideas.
Today was the day we were finding out the gender. We were both so excited. We set off and found ourselves at the hospital pretty quickly. We sat in Costa and got a drink as we were fairly early for our appointment. We left and went to the maternity part, hand in hand. We hardly had to wait as it was only 10 o'clock in the morning. We got called through and the man asked me to roll up my top. I rolled it up and he put the cold gel on my tummy. I held Jordan's hand the whole time as I was actually really nervous. The baby popped up on the screen, and its hands and feet were easily identified at first, then it's head and legs and arms.
"Would you like to find out the gender?" The man said
"Yes please" we both replied eagerly.
"I'm pleased to announce your having a little girl!"
"Yes! I won the bet!" Jordan exclaimed. I giggled and the man laughed
"would you like me to print off the pictures?" He said
"Yes Thankyou" I replied
He handed me some tissue and I wiped the gel off my tummy before pulling my top down. I grabbed my bag beside Jordan and he hugged me and grabbed my hand as we walked out to the reception. The lady gave us a pink envelope with two pictures inside. I placed it into my handbag, and we walked off. We got into the car and I immediately began screaming
"We're having a baby girl, omg I'm so happy" I began crying like I did when I found out I was pregnant. Jordan hugged me and then kissed me and then began driving home. I snapchatted Olivia and Jade with a picture of the ultra sound and the caption "ITS A GIRL!🎉🙈💗". I begged Jordan to let us stop off at mother care to get some cute baby clothes, and he gave in. We bought lots of pink clothes like t-shirts and dresses, a fur coat, hats and socks. We also got 4 baby grows that said "I love my grandma" and "I love my grandad" for our parents and then we went to boots and printed out photos of the ultra sound and got some nice pink ribbon to tie it all together. When we got in I folded both the baby grows so the writing was visible and then I placed the picture in the middle of them both. I tied the pink ribbon around it to keep them in place and then did the second one. We decided to announce it today so nervously, I called my mum, dad and Jack into the front room. Me and Jordan sat on the sofa opposite them, with the package behind my back. I grabbed it and gave it to my mum. She started untying the ribbon and then both my parents took the baby grows out and held them up as they unfolded to reveal the words. The photo also fell out and my mum picked it up. Jordan grabbed my hand as they stared at the picture and baby grows. My nerves turned to fear as I began thinking the worst.
"I'm so sorry. I've let you down big time haven't I." tears began spilling out of my eyes as I buried my head in my hands.
"No no no I'm so happy for you" my mum said as she came over to give me a hug.
"I support you both and congratulations" my dad said.
That put me at ease as I thought he may think the worst and not support us. I hugged both my parents and Jack and my dad shook Jordan's hand and again hugged my mum and Jack.
We both went upstairs and my phone pinged with a Facebook notification.

*picture of baby grows and ultrasound*
Can't believe I've got my first granddaughter on the way. Can't wait to meet baby Gray. Congratulations 'Chloe Wood' and 'Jordan Gray'

I liked the picture and replied to the few comments that had already been left by my mums friends. I went onto Instagram and posted a photo of the ultrasound and captioned it 'baby Gray due January 16th 2017'. I tagged Jordan and then went and posted it before going through the rest of my feed. I went onto snapchat and Twitter and checked through them and then mum called me telling me we were going out for dinner later. We had yet to tell Jordan's parents and we were going to do it today before we went out. We went over and did the same thing and they were both equally as happy as my parents. We invited them to come out with us and we did. We went out to the local pub for a carvery and it was amazing. The excitement begins...!