Is Aspergers Syndrome A Neurological Condition or a Personality?

There have been so many questions and assumptions about what Aspergers Syndrome really is, that had been either ignored or unanswered. Yet, some people may think or even say that it's a neurological condition or even a mental disorder of some kind or, they may think it is some sort of personality that Aspergers Syndrome reflects on the people that have been diagnosed with it. Many people make the mistake about this again due to-as I mentioned so many times before-the lack of understanding and awareness that needs to be addressed about Aspergers Syndrome and many more conditions. That is becoming more predominantly common today than ever before.

Many years ago, many clinical experts and the Government think it's  a personality trait. Yet, as we know or should be aware, it has been showing in a way that it works itself with people that has  have Aspergers Syndrome. I guess that for you readers, you will be asking me what I think it is and how I see it. Well, I shall tell you as you read further.

I think and feel deeply that Aspergers Syndrome isn't a personality trait that we're  all given or shall I say that we all have. How I see it is that today, where it lies, Aspergers Syndrome isn't a personality trait. But I do see it, however, as a neurological condition. I also have noticed today that there are some specialists that will put Aspergers Syndrome in different categories after diagnosing a patient. However, I still see that today, although there has been a little bit more research and findings on this condition, there's still is a need for more awareness and understanding.

I see that sometimes, there are many people today that still stereotype people with Aspergers Syndrome and other clinical conditions to the point where we need to fit into some sort of structure or label for this. Sometimes, some people may think, assume or start to stereotype us, thinking that all people that have Aspergers Syndrome are the same. No, we aren't the same. We are like normal people "NT's" (Neurotypicals) out there but wired differently. No! We aren't the same, as people with Aspergers Syndrome will work differently regardless of their age or stage of their condition. I just believe that, we all need to remove some of this stereotyped thinking and behaviors, and at least be more understanding, knowledgeable and empathetic to others.

Sometimes, we may act differently, speak differently or think differently as this is based on our level of understanding which is higher than the normal Neurotypicals. Sometimes when Neurotypicals socialise with us, they tend to misunderstand us, misread us or miscommunicate with us. Due to this lack of knowledge and awareness (that does need to be addressed), they think that they know better than us. I shall say this as nicely as I can. Some Neurotypicals really need to buck up their ideas about us and actually stop judging or assuming that they're the only one that can do the everyday tasks that you all take for granted or, just to the point where you think that no matter what, they'll outperform us. I know that despite that, we're different people that fear this and feel insecure and more about it all. Yet, it is okay to feel that way. I know it is okay to feel awkward at times, but I feel it in my heart that no matter what, sometimes people need to acknowledge their faults and accept us for being different; as sometimes people with Aspergers Syndrome can't change everything about them.

We are all growing up, and maturing and changing in our outlook and character, yet some changes that are being made will take time for some of us to adjust. I shall say this, sometimes I don't like change but, I've now come to a point in my life, to accept any change or challenges that I may face, no matter the circumstances and it will only only make me stronger in the long run.

Aspergers Syndrome doesn't work the way you may be thinking or saying to yourself.

However, both sexes have got chromosomes from the DNA made or intertwined in us to make us how we look, talk, speak and more. I would like to conclude and say again that, many females with this condition will be diagnosed later than males and will have other pre-diagnosing conditions that runs with Aspergers Syndrome. Many females are likely to be misdiagnosed; I am one of many females that have experienced this. I have also also been trying to do clinically self-diagnose on myself due to the lack of funds. Many of the diagnoses are or can be hidden; or as I call it masked with the other conditions that I've got, but after all I'm still here anyway. Sometimes, with Aspergers Syndrome and other conditions that runs with it which tend to show up at a later date. For example, if you had something wrong with you like Appendicitis that's when it does tend to get a bit trickier to know what the problem is; the causes or triggers for it. Sometimes, when it does show up much later, there's a dire need for more testing and research about how to address this issue. As I have mentioned, Aspergers Syndrome has no cure. It's is not a disease. It's a part of us. It will remain with us for the rest our lives. It's almost like part of a DNA footprint that leaves a mark behind.