10

Chapter 10:

Sebastian's hard blow to his face resulted in Harry having a nasal fracture. After a couple of days in the hospital and his surgery, Harry was drugged up and taken home. The doctor advised Louis for him to rest for a week and take his meds. Also, to intake lots of liquids, especially soups and to stay hydrated. Louis was just happy he could finally take him home and properly take care of him.

After the boys left him flowers and store bought get well soon cards, Harry was tucked into bed. He was cocooned in several fluffy blankets while Louis puttered around in the kitchen, making him some tomato basil soup. He was rubbish at cooking but he found a fairly decent recipe online. When Louis was carefully cradling the soup in his hands and blowing on the steam, he found Harry crouched on the edge of the bed, his head hanging low.

"Hey." Louis set the soup down on the bedside table. "I made you some soup. What are you doing up? You're supposed to be resting."

He went to tuck him back into bed but Harry flinched harshly. Louis squinted his eyes in confusion. "Um." He licked his lips, looking at the top of Harry's head warily since his face was covered. "I brought you your medicine and a bottle of water." He set the pills and the bottle of water down next to the soup and leaned back against the wall, patting his thighs patiently.

Harry looked up slowly. Louis grimaced at the sight of him. After his surgery, they had taped a white strip to his nose so he could breathe better. He had dark, purple circles under his eyes and the side of his lips were bruised. Louis couldn't even touch him because it hurt too much.

"What's this, Louis?"

Harry flicked the letter in the air. It wasn't until then that Louis noticed it right away. Sebastian's letter.

"Um." Louis swallowed past the tightness in his throat. "Just a letter."

Harry pursued his lips. He frowned and unfolded the letter, his eyes skimming over the words. Louis wanted to snatch it out of his hands before he saw who it was from. But it was too late. Harry's eyes narrowed as his eyes flicked over the crinkled paper, his nostrils flaring.

His elbow was hanging off his knee, his hand propped up on his other knee. He cleared his throat and began reading. "Again, I am very knowing of your boyfriend. But Louis, he isn't here and I am. The universe put us together for a reason. I want to risk everything for you. I am gonna give it a shot because your boyfriend is a goalkeeper and I will be the one that scores a goal."

Louis bit his lip. It sounded worse coming from Harry's mouth. When Harry looked up at him again, his eyes were flaming. He looked furious. He wrinkled his nose in that way he did whenever he was upset or worse, angry. He jutted out his bottom lip, his eyebrows pinched together. Louis wanted to brush his thumb across them and smooth them out.

"I was looking in your bedside table because I was feeling better, you know? I wanted to surprise you 'cause I missed you. All of you. And instead of finding the lube and condoms I found this." He lifted up the letter, shaking it in the air. "What exactly is this?"

Louis gnawed on his lower lip. His hands started to get clammy from sweat when he rubbed them up and down his thighs. He opened his mouth to speak but found out no words. He rubbed the back of his neck and pushed the words out of his throat.

"A letter. From Sebastian."

Harry's eyes prickled with tears. He wiped at his eyes furiously and clenched his fist around the letter, the paper crinkling. He was so vehement that he didn't know what to do with himself. To Louis' surprise, he folded the letter neatly back into the ripped envelope and threw it in the drawer, closing it shut.