3| HAWT-E

|UNEDITED|

3| HAWT-E

ENA'S POV

I had forgotten how boring school was.

After the bathroom incident with Elena and Jeremy I had contemplated going home but thought it best to at least make it through the first day back at high school. Especially because Jenna would have freaked if I had skipped.

'Once our home state of Virginia joined confederacy in 1861, it created a tremendous amount of tension within the state. People in Virginia's northwest region had different ideals than those from the traditional deep south. Then Virginia divided in 1863 with the northwest region joining the union,' Mr. Tanner's voice echoed throughout the history room.

He had to have the dullest voice that I had ever heard and yet we were forced to listen to him. Strangely, history was one of my favourite subjects but with Mr. Tanner as our teacher it was ultimately the worse class to be in.

I had taken the seat next to Elena and she had given me a small smile as I sat down. I wasn't sure if that meant that the argument in the mens room was now forgotten or if she was just playing nice.

During the lesson I heard Elena's phone go off and she checked it before handing it to me when Mr. Tanner wasn't looking.

From: BONNIE

HAWT-E. STARING @ U 2.

I could help but smile and hand the phone back. Elena turned around to come face to face with the new guy but was caught out as he looked back at her.

He was undeniably attractive with his chiseled features and his too cool for school leather jacket, but I couldn't help but notice the way he had looked at us. It was if he was looking at someone who he had known his whole life. There was a familiarity in his eyes that had alarmed me and made me weary of his presence.

Elena quickly looked to the front of the room and tried to hide her blushing face but it was no use; not to me anyway.

They would be cute together, I thought as I tuned out the rest of what Mr. Tanner had to say about the confederates.

Elena deserved a good guy and apparently Matt Donovan wasn't what she wanted anymore. Bonnie had told me on the way to class how Elena had dumbed Matt after I left due to the fact that she had wanted to be alone. I had only asked Bonnie about Matt as when I walked past him and waved hello, he had given me the strangest look before hurrying away.

Matt was a good guy, but he was also kind of boring and safe. No girl chose the safe and boring guy no matter how cute they were.

This new guy could be perfect for her; he was the mysterious new student and being mysterious was attractive. Not to mention that his overall attractiveness would make him the talk of the whole school, if not the whole town.

*

'Will you come to the cemetery with me today?' Elena asked me as we walked from the school grounds.

Bonnie had already left so I knew she would of needed a ride but I also wanted to see where my parents were buried and agreed to go.

'Where did you get this car?' Elena said as she sat in the passengers seat.

'It's belongs to a friend of mine.' I said nonchalantly.

Caroline had been the first to mention the car. I had bumped into her between classes and she had pulled me into an incredibly tight embrace. For such a small girl, she had a good amount of strength.