11| I'd Kill Her Myself!

|UNEDITED|

11| I'D KILL HER MYSELF!

STEFAN'S POV

After walking around aimlessly for a while, I bumped in to Ena as she walked out of the Grill. She smelt heavily of bourbon but was completely sober.

'What happened between you and Elena?' she asked as soon as she saw me.

'Nothing. She walked away after saying something about reality...and the sun rising. Why?' I replied.

Ena groaned and rolled her eyes, 'You idiot! You should have followed her and made her see sense.'

I shook my head, 'No, Elena has a right to choose what she wants in life and if she doesn't want me then so be it.'

'A hundred and forty-five years and you still don't know how to read a woman,' Ena mocked me.

'Well, forgive me if I was a little preoccupied watching you and Damon go head to head, rather then paying proper attention to Elena.' I threw my hands up in defence.

'I can take care of myself, Stefan.' Enya replied defensively.

'Damon is cunning, and he can be charming when he wants to be. Don't fall for his tricks.' I warned her as Matt Donovan approached us.

'Hey,' He said, looking at Ena, 'Have you seen my sister?'

'No, sorry,' Ena shook her head, 'Why's that?'

'I can't find her,' Matt replied, 'She's missing. I thought she might have gone to find you as you were able to calm her down yesterday.'

'I'm sorry Matt. I haven't seen her.' Ena replied sadly.

'We'll keep an eye out for her.' I added sincerely. 

'I saw you at the hospital yesterday,' Matt then said while looking directly at me, 'What were you doing there?'

'Visiting.' I replied.

'Visiting?' Matt didn't sound convinced, 'You know, Elena and I, we've known each other for a long time. We might not be together right now, but I look out for her. And I'll always look out for her.'

Matt's words about Elena were sweet but before I could assure him I that I too cared for Elena, both Enya and I's heads snapped in the direction of a faint and very female scream.

Ena gave Matt a halfhearted goodbye as we headed in the direction of the screaming.

Moving our way threw the large crowd of Mystic Falls citizens, I noticed two figures standing atop a nearby roof.

'You really have to stop screaming,' it was Damon who spoke to a scared young girl who he held by the arm.

'Oh, my god! It's Vicki!' Ena gasped.

'No, please, stop. Don't...' Vicki said terrified.

'Shh. I got you...' Damon tried to sooth her.

Ena jumped effortlessly to where they stood. 

'No! No!' Vicki screamed.

'Shh, I'm not gonna drop you.' Damon said. I jumped up like Ena had, 'Not bad. Have you been eating bunnies?' Damon mocked.

'Let her go.' I said, ignoring Damon's comments.

'Shh. really? Okay' He smirked as he pulled Vicki to the edge of the roof.

'No, no, no!' Ena screamed.

Damon gave Ena a strange look before shoving Vicki in to my arms.