9| I Know What You Are

|UNEDITED|

9| I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE

ENA'S POV

I had been thankful and overjoyed to hear the final bell of the day ring out through the school. Waisting no time, I quickly turned to leave but unfortunately was stopped.

'Enya!' Stefan whispered as he grabbed my arm and pull me to the end of the school corridor. Once we were around the corner and out of sight, he let go and pushed me up against the wall.

'We have a problem,' he spoke softly while still keeping an eye out for anyone who might have seen us.

'What?' I asked angrily.

'I just overheard Matt and Elena talking and he said that last night Vicki woke up and told him that it was a vampire that attack her.'

'Why the hell would she say that?' I quietly yelled.

'Because it was a vampire that attacked her!' He replied.

'This has nothing to do with me,' I said as I tried to leave.

'Yes, it does!' Stefan yelled as he used his strength to keep me in place, 'I know what you are, Ena.'

'And what it that, Stefan?' I replied, my voice thick with venom.

'You're a vampire...and so am I.'

As he spoke those simple yet life-changing words, all the anger in my body dissipated due to the shock.

He knew about me! If he told Elena, I was done for.

'Did you attack Vicki?' I asked once I let the information sink in.

'What? No! Geez, Enya!'

'Then who was it?' I asked confused.

Stefan took a step back and lowered his head .

'It was my brother.'

'Your brother!'  I all but screamed.

'Keep your voice down,' he warned, 'Yes, it was my brother. He decided to come home and now I need your help to make sure he doesn't hurt anyone else.'

I put my hands against Stefan's chest and shoved him back, my anger towards Stefan now fully back.

'You want my help?' I spat, 'You didn't even have the decency to tell me that you knew what I was when you first meet me and it must have also escaped your mind to to tell me that you were like me. So, no Stefan, I will not help you. Clean up your own mess.'

Turning to leave, he once again grabbed me by the arm. He looked pleading at me with his bright green eyes.

'He will come after you. He won't be able to help himself.'

'Do you think I care?' I said, looking at him dead on, 'Do you think that scares me? I was suppose to die in a car crash that killed my parents. I was suppose to drown with them and so was Elena...but we didn't. And then, I woke up in a hospital bed, feeling grateful for being alive, and as soon as I felt safe I feel this unwavering need to rip my nurse's throat out. I'm a killer and the thought of hurting someone I care about keeps me up at night, so if your maniac brother wants to kill me then fine. At least then this nightmare that has become my life will stop.'

'He won't kill you. He'll just take away everything that you care about. Trust me, I know.' Stefan tried to reason with me.

'Trust is earned, Stefan!'