Chapter Three

Indrasena had nearly skipped down the hall, hoping it would carry her faster to the garden. She had been trying to contain her excitement when fellow castle workers would walk beside her. 

Out of nowhere, Andrew popped up and grabbed her from behind. Indrasena not knowing who it was, elbowed him in the throat, causing a strangled sound to escape.

"Good one," he said, nearly choking. This made the queen angry. Not only at him but herself as well. "You shouldn't have snuck up on me!" she retaliated. He sighed, finally getting his breathing back to normal.

"You have to be prepared for anything." She gave him a puzzled look. "And what for?" He shrugged. "Attacks, invaders, assassination attempts on you, ya know, the usual." Indrasena snorted. "As if I need to have you coming around and scaring me when I end up hurting you." He sighed

"Fair point." She laughed and continued her journey to the garden. She sat down on the bench in the middle of the garden, looking around, searching for the young man named Ernest. She looked down at her pocket watch. "3:59" she just shrugged and watched it turn to four.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting." An all too familiar voice spoke. She looked up, seeing his glistening teeth, giving her a half smile. She smiled back, her heart racing. "Oh it's nothing, I actually just got here." she laughed, nervous. He chuckled, taking her hand in his.

She blushed as she slowly stood. "You look beautiful," he smiled. Her face started to burn as she felt the heat rise to her face even more. He put his finger under her chin, raising it from the downward position it was in. "Th-thank you.." she stuttered.

He smiled and put his hand out towards her, "May I have this dance?" Indrasena looked at him confused. There wasn't any music. How would they dance to nothing? "Shouldn't there be music?" she asked puzzled. 

He chuckled and clapped his hands twice, a small group of musicians coming out. One had a violin whereas the others had a cello and flute. "You think I'd forget about that?" He asked raising an eyebrow. She looked down, embarrassed for thinking he actually would. 

"You need to stop looking down and hiding that beautiful face," he smiled once she looked up again. "I'm not that pretty.." She heard him sigh as he put his hand on her waist and one of her own on his shoulder. She couldn't help but smile at how kind hearted this man was. And that was their date.

They stayed in the garden dancing all night until they had to part and get some rest, thinking of the night that seemed to be the best of both of their lives.