Chapter Six

Indrasena was heartbroken. She knew that if the time came, she couldn't even think of marrying Ernest for the fact that he was a slave. Her parents would have heart attacks if they found out.

That night she thought of him while looking at the vase of wilting roses on her nightstand.

She sighed and went off, looking for the man who haunted her dreams. Never once did he leave her mind for she couldn't take her mind off him long enough.

When she got to his door, she hesitated, knocking a couple seconds after.

Slowly his door opened, revealing a bare chest and some silk pants.

"Indrasena, what are you doing here at this hour?" he asked in a raspy voice.

She blushed at the sight, looking at his face instead. "Why didn't you tell me you were a servant?"

He sighed, pulling her into his room.

"I didn't tell you because I thought you'd think differently of me."

She looked down at their still connected hands as a tear fell onto them. When she looked up, he was sniffling.

She put her hand on his face, lifting his chin to meet her gaze.

"I would never think of you differently my love." she said with a small smile. He looked back at her and smiled, chuckling slightly.

"There's no doubt in my mind that I love you Ernest." Indrasena smiled.