Chapter 8

Oh no.

Oh no. 

Aw NO!

Please, just a hallucation! Just a hallucation!

I try to long jump but soon enough I land on the ground.

No. 

No.

NO.

I open my eyes and realise I reach the ground as soon as the gong rang.

Phew. 

So glad all my family won't have to see me flying down on other tributes. Y'know what I mean.

What am I doing?!

I spring up as the other tributes stepped off their pedestals. 

I sprint as fast as my legs could take me and as fast as my energy can push.

I reach the cornucopia within seconds, before anyone else. 

Don't take your time! Don't be picky! 

Hard.

I scoop up a small spear, a bow with a sheath of arrows, a handy tool knife, and 4 small throwing tridents.

I immedeatly fling them over me, so know my arms are free and I will look like a walking weapon seller.

I pass my camo backpack and immediately grapple with Serenpidity.

I, being Maya, pull her hair.

"Ow!" she screams, "Do you know what you are pulling?! Who do you think you are?! You are touching my blonde hair!"

I laugh at her, being utter stupidity and she slams me to the hard glass of the cornucopia. 

I mutter darkly as she is much much taller and stronger than I am, meaning I am literally 1 foot off the ground.

"Ohh!" she giggles not noticing my weapons, "Bad girl! No swearing!"

"Let me go!"

"Hm, how 'bout NO

She throws back her curly Cinderella hair, and widens her peridot green eyes and smiles her sickly smile which radiates sugar and spice. I mean seriously this is the cornucopia bloodbath right now!

"Pop Quiz coming up! Yay!" She squeals, "How do you want to die?

a) spear 

b)sword

c-"

I make a wad of spitball and slightly smudge her mascara.

"Gross, darling! Did you ever learn manners!?"

She pulls out her tribute token. A mascara which you twirls into a circle filled with every make up product, lipgloss, lipstick, concealer, blush on a brush, eyeshadow on a brush etc. etc.

"What!?" I stammer, and get the heck outta there.

Thank goodness, I make it to the pedestal, when I get slammed to the ground.

Great.

Catia from 2.

"Oh, new bait!" she sneers as her hazel-amber eyes glow menacingly, "Huuuh, I hear you've been bullying Serenpidity. I was gonna let you go but... Nahh, I got a games to win. Get it over and done with, time to face the music."