Really Close Friends- Chapter 8

Chapter 8

                Anna sat in the stands at the Quiditch pitch. The match was Slytherin vs. Hufflepuff, but Anna wasn’t really paying any attention to the game, her eyes were too busy following the gorgeous Slytherin seeker, Draco Malfoy. Ever since the kiss they had shared in the Astronomy Tower her eyes and thoughts were always seeking him out. Anna was afraid she might be obsessing a bit, but she couldn’t help herself. What made it worse was the fact that it was Friday and they were supposed to meet again tonight. Anna didn’t know if she could face him.

                Anna was sitting with a group of Ravenclaws she had become friends with; two were Luna Lovegood and Michael Corner. She hoped no one noticed how her eyes kept going to the Slytherin seeker. Suddenly two hands came down on her shoulders.

                “If it isn’t our little Anna Banana,” Fred and George laughed out at the same time. Anna jumped; they had scared her to death.

                “Why so jumpy?” George grinned.

                “How are you Fred and George?” and she looked at both separately, “and I’m not jumpy, you both just scared me half out of my wits.”

                “Hey, she can still tell us apart,” George laughed.

                Anna grinned, “That’s easy,” she laughed, “Fred’s the cute one,” she looked at George and laughed again at the look on his face.

                “Ok I tell you what,” George said seriously, “you place a bet with us on the winner of this match and I will forgive you.”

                “Sorry George, I don’t bet.”

                “Well, that’s too bad, because the odds are on Slytherin, especially with that git Malfoy playing as their seeker.” George exclaimed.

                “Yeah and that’s too bad, because other than Harry, he is probably the best player at Hogwarts,” Fred admitted.

                Anna didn’t appreciate them talking about Draco. Anna eyes sought him out and she continued to watch. He really was an excellent flyer. She had never perfected flying. She could do it, just not very well. She preferred her feet on the ground. He was about to pass by where she was sitting when he stopped suddenly, looking directly at her and blew her a kiss. Laughing at the horrified look that came over her face, he quickly flew off. Anna knew her face had to be a dozen shades of red. Anna prayed no one sitting around her knew it was her that Draco blew the kiss to. But of course she wouldn’t be so lucky.

                “Did you see Malfoy,” Fred burst out, “was that ass blowing you a kiss Anna?”

                “What?!” Anna acted shocked.

                “Yeah, I saw it too Fred. I believe Malfoy has a thing for our little Anna,” George laughed, and looked over at Anna, “Merlin’s beard, it’s true. Look at her blushing.”

                “You two are idiots,” Anna shrugged them off.

                “I think it’s very sweet and romantic,” Luna spoke up softly.

                “Draco Malfoy, sweet and romantic?!” Fred and George said together, bursting out into gales of laughter.

                Anna was getting angry now, “Look, I don’t know who the kiss was for, but you two are really pissing me off. I’m sure it was directed at someone else,” Anna snapped out.