Monsters- Chapter 15

Monsters

Chapter 15

                Anna finally received an owl from Draco in late June. It happened late one night when she was about to drift off to sleep. He asked her to meet him at the park in the nearby village they lived in. So she was to meet him tomorrow night at around midnight. Anna could hardly sleep. The next day she walked around with a smile and it was all she could do to contain the joy to herself that she would finally see Draco. Tonks and her father watched her suspiciously, but didn’t say anything.

                Finally, it was late enough for her to head out and Anna quickly climbed out her open window. It was a long walk to town, at least a few miles. When Anna finally got there she started walking the trails looking for Draco. She looked ahead and there in the softly lit gazebo stood a dark shadowy figure. Anna was wary at first, but then she saw shiny platinum hair as he moved into the light. Anna ran the rest of the way, throwing her arms around Draco. She couldn’t stop the tears from coming as she felt him wrap his arms around her.

                “Oh Draco,” she sighed, breathing him in, “I’ve missed you,” she took his face in her hands looking at him deeply. He was the same, and yet he wasn’t. He seemed older and very serious. There was sadness there too, “Are you okay?” she whispered.

                Draco looked down at her, his ice blue-gray eyes warming some, “I am now,” he whispered roughly against her mouth, and then he captured her mouth in a kiss unlike any they had before. It was filled with need and want. Anna returned his kiss passionately, melting into his arms. Draco broke the kiss and then hugged her tightly to him, resting his chin on her shiny dark head.

                “I am sorry about your father,” she whispered.

                “It’s hard, Anna,” Draco rasped out, “it’s all up to me now. To take care of my mum and I’m expected to fill my father’s shoes.”

                Anna felt for him. She didn’t dare ask him if it was true, that his father was a death eater because she knew the answer to that. Her own father, Lupin, and Tonks had told her all about what happened that night at the Ministry. The night Voldemort attacked Harry and Sirius had died. She knew better than to bring it up. This was Draco, and even though he was his father’s son, he seemed different. Anna just had to believe there was good in him.

                Anna stood back a little, looking him over.

                “What is it?” he laughed slightly.

                “You seem different. And what’s up with the all black clothing?” everything he had on was black and very sinister looking.

                “I guess it was time to put up childish things,” he smirked, “besides, I like wearing all black.”

                “Oh well,” she shrugged, at a loss, “Maybe I should try wearing all black,” she joked.

                “NO, besides it wouldn’t suit you,” he laughed, touching her cheek, “you are too angelic. You would look like a dark angel. I’d rather see you in a sexy Slytherin green dress, something that would match your eyes.”

                “Yes, well that will not happen,” she laughed.

                Draco found a bench in the gazebo and led Anna to it, sitting down and pulling her sideways onto his lap, “I’ve thought about you constantly, “ he whispered against her silky, dark long hair, breathing in her flowery scent, “but until Blaise gave me your note I had no idea where you were.”