Let Me Take Care of You- Chapter 24

Chapter 24

                Draco hardly slept the whole night, he dozed. He was afraid that at any moment the alarms in his manor were going to go off, meaning that they had discovered Anna’s escape. Draco just hoped his plan of hiding Anna in his rooms was going to work until he could get her out of his home and danger. It hadn’t helped him sleep either, feeling Anna’s soft, curvy body, which was practically naked, pressed tightly against his own bare skin. At least they had gotten her body temperature back up; her skin no longer cold and icy. And Anna had slept soundly all night, hardly moving. In fact she was so still that Draco had checked her throughout the night to make sure she was still breathing. He was that worried about her.

                It was daybreak before he heard the alarms and the commotion, meaning that his aunt or Wormtail had just discovered Anna missing. Draco quickly jumped from the bed. He had to hide Anna in case they decided to search the house.

                “Anna, wake up,” Draco shook her gently. She slowly opened her eyes, not realizing at first where she was, but then everything came flooding back, “Come on,” he said, taking her hand and helping her to stand, “They just discovered you missing. We have to hide you.”

                Draco tried to think, his huge closet would be perfect. He grabbed a pillow from the bed and led Anna into the closet. It was huge, like a small room. He took some blankets off the shelf and made a small pallet and then wrapped Anna in another blanket. He could tell she didn’t feel well. It was a combination of what she’d been through last night and the full moon sickness that always hit her if she didn’t take her wolfsbane potion. Anna lay her head down on the pillow. Draco could tell by the look on her face that she was frightened.

                Draco bent down on his knees over Anna, “I have to go down there or they will suspect something.”

                “Draco,” she whispered roughly, grabbing his hand, “I am scared.”

                “Everything will be alright,” he whispered with more conviction than he felt. One slip up and Anna would be back in the dungeon under Bellatrix and Greybacks control and he hated to think what they might do to her as punishment for escaping. “I promise I will be back as soon as I can,” he reached up in his closet and found the invisibility cloak he’d bought in Diagon Alley a few years back as a gag, “I’m going to put this over you. It should keep you hidden from sight should they check in here, just try to be quiet.” He pulled the cloak over Anna and it was perfect. It was as if she wasn’t there.

                Draco quickly dressed and deactivated all the spells and alarms he’d placed on the room and door and made his way quickly down the stairs. He could hear the commotion coming from his family’s study, his Aunt Bellatrix’s voice rose above them all. As Draco walked in, it was to see Wormtail huddled in a corner, his aunt pointing her wand at him, “You incompetent fool,” she shrieked, “How could you allow her to escape?”

                “But I didn’t,” Wormtail whined, “She was locked in that dungeon when I left her last night. I put up alarms and spells. I don’t know what happened.” Wormtail cringed as Bellatrix hissed, “Well, obviously they weren’t good enough. You always were terrible at spells and now you have cost me my prisoner,” she hissed, looking at him as if she were about to do away with him.

                Greyback was also there, “I told you to let me have the girl. If you had, none of this would have happened,” he growled in anger.