Chapter 1

A white cat walked through the blackened forest. He had jagged black patterns along his sleek pelt of white, shining in moonlight. One of his eyes was missing, leaving a black hole that looked like death itself. The other eye was a piercing green like it contained a forest of colors. A frown was plastered on his face and dark gray rings spiraled under his eyes like he never slept in his whole life. His fur was bristled as we walked on. Occasionally green smoke would wither up his paws, making a glow in the darkness. The landscape was covered in dead trees that rotted and died. The only sound you could hear was the crunching of decayed grass, wind, and creaking trees. Suddenly the cat stopped. He was on a hill so he could see a village while being hidden in darkness. It was the day of his birth. The day his soul was given to this treacherous world. He stood on the hill, unmoving except for his fur as it flowed with the wind. The village was peaceful at this time of night. Strangely, everyone was gathering for a meeting. The white cat watched, radiant green eye twinkling. He could just hear their calls. "Z is out there somewhere! We should find him and kill him!" One shouted, making the white cat flinch. They dare try to think about killing me! The white cat growled to himself, digging his claws into the earth. "We have bone dust though! His curse can't reach us with it on! Our men will go out and kill him. Tonight!" Z froze. His eye widened. Turning away, the white tom ran into the dark forest known as Decayed. This was his home. His name is Z. The village fears him, for everything he touches dies. No matter if its living or not. Z raced past the blackened trees. The night sky made his white fur glow with moonlight. They can't find me! I won't let them! Z stopped in a clearing. He sat down, curling up his tail. He knew why the village was after him. Z was cursed. He could give others heart attacks if the touch him, or if they try to kill him. Z never meant to hurt anyone. He was all alone for most of his life. He had murdered a few cats as a kitten, but otherwise nothing was his fault. They just didn't see that. Z may not be able to die, but he can feel pain. They imprisoned him in a jail cell but he just cracked the metal and broke out. They try to poison him, stab him, crush him.. But he can't share the same fate as everyone. He can't die. Z sighed, closing his eye. Life can't be changed. He has been living for so many years, he can't keep track. Z pondered in thought for a while. Z closed his eyes and tucked his ears back. He remembered them saying something about Bone dust. What was it for? Z was stuck in thought when he heard a snap. He whipped his head around to see roughly ten cats. They were suited in armor and had spears. One of them must have stepped on a broken stick and accidentally made a noise. Z hissed, narrowing his eye. Most of them flinched back, scared of being touched. One of the cats opened a satchel full of something. Z launched at him. The rest of the soldiers staggered back, afraid of the muscular white tom. Z landed on his target. The satchel opened and spilled dust onto Z,making him sneeze. The cat under his claws screamed and died almost instantly. Z leapt at another but when he tackled them, they didn't die. They smirked and raked their claws down Z's side. The wound healed instantly but it still hurt. Z leapt forward and bit the foes throat, blood spattering his white muzzle and draining into his mouth. Z dropped the armored warrior and hissed at the rest. Only 8 remained. Z was about to leap at another when something smacked the back of his head with force. Z lurched forward and fell onto his side. The world blurred as he saw someone holding a club. Z growled. Bone dust! It drains my curse! But how? His thoughts evaporated like water as his vision turned black.

Z woke up with a start. He was in a cage, chained to the wall so he hung there uselessly. He could feel warm blood on the back of his head. Z felt like he had a headache as the wound started to heal itself slowly. He was in a pitch black cage. He could barely see curtains that glowed slightly. Z struggled, trying to pry himself loose. A loud clink sounded, making the white tom jump. The bars that caged him inside slowly sank. Z strained to hear voices. "We have caught the demon that struck fear into our hearts for 120 years! Most of you have no clue what we have faced! I present to you... Z!" At the exact moment the voice ended, the curtains pulled open revealing a crowd of cats. Horrified faces appeared as the noticed Z hanging there, defenceless. Z hung his head and closed his eyes. The voices became clearer as his hearing returned. "See! This is what we feared for so very long! A weakling!" An announcer shouted, voice ringing. Z snarled. Weakling? Z wanted to go back to hiding. He missed the shadows of his forest. His thoughts of home were interrupted by the announcers agitating voice. "He has killed many of us, so how do we take that back? Hmm... How a should we.. Oh! Burn his home?" The announcer chuckled. Z froze. He looked up. Behind the crowd was his forest. Z narrowed his eyes. Bright flames were eating up his trees. Z yowled and thrashed. The forest was the only memory of what he used to be. Some of the crowd smiled and laughed as they saw the anger in Z's expression. Z felt something slice his side. The wound healed in seconds. The announcer had a whip in his mouth. Z growled, receiving another whip. Z hung his head again, not wanting to see his home burn. The announcer continued on his speech. "Anyone can feel free at anytime to torture this 'demon'. He will be hanging in the edge of town. Take the anger and sadness out on him. Get revenge for the fallen!" The announcer said, smiling. Z flinched as he was whipped again. Torture him more! More blood, screaming! The crowd roared, wanting vengeance for their ancestors. Z wasn't ready, he believed it wasn't his fault. Two cats came racing over and attached Z to a table. They chained his paws. "Get ready! This will be one heck of a show!" The announcer pulled a lever next to him. Z's eye widened. He screamed as his body was stretched out. Z couldn't stop the pain. Is this what they feel? Do I really cause this much pain? Z gasped as his spine started cracking. Since he healed so fast, this could go on forever. Z screamed his lungs out as his spine snapped. The crowd cheered as Z was sent into a deep pit of pain. His skin turned purple underneath his white. Z could feel tears appearing on his flesh. Z shook his head, clenching his teeth. The pain stopped as he was released. Z held back his pain filled cries as his wounds and spine fixed themselves. The two same cats came over and hung Z back up. His spine started making clicking noises as it healed and his tears disappeared. Z couldn't move, body still numb from pain. Z got an idea. Maybe his skin curse was gone but.. Z looked at the announcer. Z riled his hatred towards this unknown cat for torturing him so. They made eye contact. The announcer smiled, and was about to say something. Suddenly he fell over, dead. "Blindfold the prisoner!" The crowd screamed in fright. Z felt a cloth being tied around his eye and eyeless space. Z hung his head, his body trembling. The world went black a Z passed out from pain.

Every day people would 'visit' Z where he was hanging. Torture weapons were at the ready. Z hung through rain, heat, and torture. The whip was his most common torture. Z suffered way more pain than he thought. At least no one was brave enough to put him on the table again. One day Z was visited by a little black kitten. The kitten told Z a story about how he took her family away. Killed them all. Z felt guilty for everything he had done. "And now I'm alone..." The black kitten squeaked, wiping away a tear with her small paw. Z felt the cloth around his eyes loosen as the kitten continued. "And now..." The kitten sobbed, looking up. The kitten froze. Z blinked his green eye at her. Their eyes met for one, Terrible second.

Sorry about the sudden action! :)