Chapter 4

Z glared fiercely at the wall, half expecting it to shrivel up and crack. He was still pinned to the wall. As if he was any threat to them at the moment. A sudden laugh bounced through the room, making Z's ears sting. "As if someone of your status would just want to die! Do you take me for a fool?" The voice ended in a hiss. Z narrowed his eyes. "How long would it take you to get into this room from where you are..." Z threatened. The voice was quiet before answering, "That's no concern of yours.." His voice was almost too quiet. Z hated being trapped in chains. It reminded him of the other week. How much longer could he endure this much pain? Instantaneously he realized he had to escape, he wasn't meant to die here. Z felt smoke curl up his paws, imagining in his mind an image of the green smoke. With every ounce of strength Z had left, he pulled up with his legs. He felt his paws snap as he yanked them out. Z clenched his teeth against his agony as his bones mended back together, making clicking noises. "What are you doing?!?! GUARDS STOP HIM!" The voice yelled, clearly mad. Z panted, sweat dripping off his muzzle. When his bones felt strong enough he pushed on the bar trapping his right arm with his wrist. A creak sounded slightly. Z pushed harder and swung forward when his arm came free. Z pulled himself over to his left wrist and gnawed on the metal. He pushed against the wall, finally getting free. He fell to the ground, white fur bushed up. Sweat was showing how much of a struggle that was. His wrists had rashes on them, showing through the white. Z got up just as the guards came in, five like last time. Z blinked his green eye and smirked. Green smoke sparked at his paws as he stepped forward, making his fur stand on end. He bared his teeth, wishing he was strong enough to fight. One cat leapt at Z, clawing his shoulder. Z blinked as if it never happened. The green smoke snaked up his attackers paw and wrapped around his neck. The guard collapsed to the ground, fighting for breath. Z felt uncontrollable twitching, as if he was trying to shake off a fly. All control escaped from Z's brain. He hissed at the remaining soldiers. A wave of green smoke swamped them, choking them. Z laughed like a mad man, eye wide. He raced out of the room, into a hallway. He followed his nose to a room. Someone laced in gold jewelry was sitting on a cushion. He had a large crown with emeralds and diamonds. He was the king. King of this town. Z's body twitched. And twitched. His eye loosing focus. I... Must... KILL!

Blood stained Z's paws, making him feel sick inside. He had killed the king in cold blood with a single swipe of his claws. Z shut his eyes tight. He was huddled in a dark corner of the longest alley, terrified. He had only just stopped twitching, and the green smoke left. Z thought of his burnt forest home, all black and burned away. He dug his claws into the ground, remembering his beloved home. He stood up, white pelt still stained red. He walked through the alley, tail down and legs shaking. His ears stayed flat, feeling sad and depressed again. He wished the village would have left him alone in The first place. Its all their fault! Z thought to himself, thrashing his tail wildly. He just realized his missing eye stung like fire. He pushed away the pain quickly as he heard a crack. He flicked his ears up and looked down a pitch black alley to his left. His black paw was raised in the air, stopping midstep. He looked into the passageway leading to darkness, not daring to take his gaze of of it. Was it more soldiers? Or just a curious villager? Z tensed as a figure leaped out, yowling. It was a blur of cream and orange as a body smacked into his side. Carried off his paws, the immortal cat was pinned down. "S-sirus?" Meowed the voice of the attacker, instantly getting off. "Oh my lord, I'm so sorry!" Miuky wailed, sniffing him. Z grunted and stood up, swaying on his paws a little. "I didn't recognize you from all the... Blood..." She meowed, looking him up and down. "Are you hurt?" She said after examining him, her eyes full of concern. Z paused before he replied. "Its just a few scratches. You should've seen the other guy." Ha! More like you should see his carcass! Miuky smiled and purred. "Come, Sirus, you must be tired. It looks like you haven't slept in days!" Her kindhearted meow sounded in his ears as she lead him into her dark alleyway. He always looked tired. I guess that's what you get for not sleeping ever. But he had to admit, sleeping felt good. Miuky guided him into a box like he was a blind kitten, unable to find its way. A few clean rags were placed on the bottom of the cardboard, in the shape of a nest. "Lay down here and I'll go get you something to eat." She meowed, turning away to leave him be. Z circled in the rags to lay down. He curled up, leaving room for his companion. He closed his eyes, and felt darkness overcome his vision until he blacked out from exhaustion. Sleep... This is what mortals did, not Z. Why did he enjoy it?

Z bolted his head up, fur on end. He had a nightmare about a pool of blood swallowing him up like a shark. She shuddered. The sunlight was casting light into the unusually dark cavernous place, allowing him to see clearly. Miuky wasn't here. Odd... A fresh caught mouse was by his paws, laced with her sent. He sniffed it cautiously. Wait, the sent wasn't covering the mouse... Z whipped his white head around and looked at his pelt. All the blood was gone. His pelt was drenched in the sweet scent of the female. Oh jeez... Z stood up and ate the mouse quickly, now wanting to be disrespectful. He padded out of the box and looked around. It must have rained last night, because mud puddles speckled the ground. Z hesitated before rolling in one. The last thing he wanted was another persons sent on him for people to track. "Was it tastey?" A voice made Z jump. He turned and saw Miuky walking toward him. He relaxed a little before replying, "Yes, it was. Thank you." His voice seemed a little cracked and his vocal cords sore. Miuky seemed to notice his voice crack and came over to him. She sniffed his neck, breath warm. Z flinched. Why does she have to get so close... "Do you drink enough? You need more water!" She purred, blue eyes glowing in the light. Z didn't have time for this, he needed to escape the city. Fast. "Hey, Miuky.." He began, pausing to clear his throat. "Can you help me get out of this city unnoticed?" His question must have took her by surprise because she looked at him, dumbfounded. "You want to escape the most well guarded city in all of the Earth unnoticed?" She asked, eyes wide. Z nodded. Am I asking too much? But Miuky just smiled, and meowed quite calmly, "Anything for you, Sirus." Something about the twinkle in her eye set up some of Z's nerves but he pushed the feeling away. "The only way to escape the city unnoticed by guards is threw the sewers. But that will get you noticed by the townies. So, I guess your only option is jumping the wall. Follow me, I know a good climbing spot!" Reluctantly Z followed, he radiant green eye looking in every direction at once, keeping a lookout for anyone. Miuky lead him through a channel of tunnels until they reached the wall of the city. Some of the stone was crumbling away so it was easy to climb. "Can I come with you? I um, I hate it here..." Miuky said, kicking a stray pebble. Z glanced at her. Will she slow me down? It might be better to be seen with another person... Then they can't suspect me of being a vicious killer I guess... He just simply nodded, thrusting hi self up the wall. Z looked over his shoulder to see his companion following, determined to keep up. Z put one paw above the other, pulling himself up the 100 foot wall. Glancing over his shoulder again she saw Miuky clinging to the wall, almost like she was glued to it. "Is something wrong?" He asked, slightly irritated by the hang back. "I-i... I'm scared of heights!" She wailed, shutting her eyes. Z slid back down and grabbed her by the fluffy scruff. She yelped and he dragged her up with her. Eventually they made it to the top, Miuky clinging to it like a burr. "How do we get down now?" Z asked, looking down the length of the wall. It was just as steep as climbing up. "Yes, we just slide down." Miuky meowed, eyes laced with fear. "Okay, then let's get to-" Z was cut of with a sharp pain searing his back. He felt his body tumble forward, off the edge of the wall. Z ripped an arrow off his back, throwing it away. "SIRUS!!!!" Miuky's wail can loud and clear from above. Z remembered with a pang that she didn't know he was immortal. He would either expose his secret or find a way to stop his fall. Just as the thought crossed his mind, his reflexes started working. He flashed out his paws to his right side and felt cloth underneath his claws. Clinging onto the flag he had barely passed, he was then only a few feet from the ground. He let go, thudding to the ground. Like magic, his back was already healed. He soon heard claw scrapes sliding down the wall. Miuky noticed Z, still alive and well. She raced over to him. "Oh my lord! Your still okay!! B-but they shot you and you fell!" Z shrugged, and opened to her a half lie and half truth, "It seems the blade was blunted and it wasn't very dangerous. And I managed to grab the flag to break my fall, lucky me." Miuky looked at him, amazement in her eyes. "Wow! You must be fast." She meowed, sniffing him. Z heard a shout from above, making him panic. "Come on, let's go." He meowed to the female cat, turning tail and running. She followed him, running at his side. She may not slow me down very much, but I doubt I can keep my secret for long. I just hope she won't try to kill me like the others...