Chapter 6

Lilly looked at him, quite astonished, the emotion clearly showing in her eyes. "What do you mean?" Miuky asked, tail twitching questionably. Z forgot that she didn't know of his 'gift', maybe being over dramatic. "I'm going to kill everyone in control of this town..." He hissed, unsheathing his claws. Miuky's eyes widened. "You can't do that! They'll kill you, Sirus!" Lilly looked at Miuky as if she had just told her to go eat some papayas. Z quickly caught her gaze and gave her a look that said, 'She doesn't know'. Lilly seemed to understand very clearly. "She's right, its too risky." She said, lifting her head high. Z flicked his tail in annoyance. "You can stay, I'm going whether you like it or not!" He snapped back. "What are you gaining from doing so? It would just be infamy." Miuky meowed calmly, sitting down on the cold earth. Honestly, Z had no plan. But he knew what he wanted. Vengeance, justice. Then a thought struck his mind. Above everything else, he realized he wanted to be a ruler. He wanted to rule the whole world. It was his spirit, not his heart. But the more he thought about it, the more he realized how much that would mean to him. He snapped himself out of his thoughts, turning away from the two females. "That's for me to decide"

Z climbed up the wall of the township, claws slipping into the cracked stone, making for easy climbing. He slipped over the top and tumbled onto the ground. He let out a little oof, dust covering his pelt. He shook out the grit as he got to his paws, then bolted behind the nearest house. He kept his head low and peeked around the corner. Homes crested the outline of the small town, in a circle shape. In the middle was a huge town square where cats swarmed like a school of fish, wandering in large claws There was also a big stage, directly in the middle for all too see. Z ducked his head back as a group of cats padded by. One of them must have saw something, because they went to investigate. Z turned tail and ran to the other side of the house. He pressed his back up against the wall, barely breathing. He heard paw steps coming towards him. Taking no chances on who it was, he whipped around the corner and jumped on them. Z slammed them down on the ground, cupping their mouth with his paw. The victim looked surprised, his eyes wide. "Who runs this place?" Z hissed, narrowing his eye. The villager mumbled nonsense into Z's paw. Z blinked at him for he wasn't scared, just overjoyed. Z cautiously let go of their mouth. Z tensed when he bolted up, then relaxed as the cat bowed almost instantly after. "Lord Z! Its so nice to meet you at last!" He purred, making sure to keep his voice down. "Who are you?" Z asked him, trying to sound genuinely interested. "Oh me? I'm just a humble peasant! My name is Oliver. Oh wow! I never thought I would ever meet the great Z! This is such an honor!!" Oliver squeaked. Z felt a spark of irritation. He liked how he had alliances, but some of them were too obsessed. "Who's in charge of this town?" Z asked, trying to keep his fur from fluffing up. Olivier flicked his tail towards a big tower. "The mayor lives in there, but he is heavily guarded." Olives said cleaning his orange pelt with a few licks. "By the way, did you come here to rescue us?" Oliver asked, ears picked. Z hesitated a while, blinking his green eye before replying. "Yes. I'm going to start an army." As Z spoke those words, Oliver's eyes widened. "I knew you would come! They were hosting my sister's beheading today..." He meowed, looking at his paws solemnly.  Z felt a little pity for the young cat. He rested his black tail tip on his shoulder reassuringly, then flicked it away when he remembered he was supposed to be feared. Do I want to be feared? He questioned himself before standing up. "I must go before its too dark. Stay out of trouble until I finish the job." He hissed to the orange tabby before turning away. Z raced in a wide circle on the outskirts of town, staying in the shadows. He got close enough to the tower and slipped in through a bottom window and into a kitchen. Z walked to the door and was about to open it when he heard a creaking noise. CREEEEK! Z turned tail and dashed behind a few water barrels just as the door opened. A cat was humming as she strolled around the kitchen. After about 5 minutes Z began to get agitated from waiting, his legs feeling slightly cramped. Z crept up behind a white female cat who was preparing some fish. Her fur was fluffed to a perfect look. He didn't dare breath as he got only a few inches away. He flashed out his paw and hooked her over the mouth to mute out most noise. She gasped into his paw as he yanked her back, forcefully but not enough to hurt her. "Keep quiet and you won't be hurt." He whispered in her ear, feeling her shudder press against him. She gave a muffled mew, trying to say something before nodding her head, remembering her mouth was covered. "Where is the mayor?" Z hissed lowly, making sure she didn't see his face. He didn't want to let everyone know that he was here. He slightly uncovered her mouth so she could speak, keeping a paw of claws on her throat, threateningly. "W-what do you want with the m-mayor?" She wailed softly, struggling to keep quieter. Z flattened his ears. "Answer the question!" He hissed, fur pricking. "I can't tell you, they'll kill me!" She whimpered, a little too loud. Z heard paw steps coming quickly, making him rush. "Your coming with me..." Z meowed briskly to her, she was about to protest when he hauled her to the window. He slipped out clumsily, making sure he still had his prisoner. He pressed his back against the wall.
"Snowy? Huh.. Not here." One voice said. Z froze.
"Your just hearing things! Let's get back to work." Replied a deeper meow.
"Ugh, fine..."
The two unknown cats exited the room, the sound of their paws fading, the door closing behind them. "Are you going to kill me?" His captive murmured. Z shushed her with a flick of his tail. "Im not going to kill you, but I can't let you tell anyone..." He hissed in reply, dragging her to the back of the tower were they won't be seen. He grabbed a flag on his way, tearing it in two. The snow white cat, supposedly named Snowy, finally realized who he was and began to tug away. "Stop it! Your only making it more complicated." Snowy just thrashed around. Z pinned her to the ground with a paw. He covered her mouth with some of the cloth, then tied her arms together. He kept them somewhat loose so she could get out just after he got his prize.
Z turned to go back on his way, slinking into the shadows, his captive's noises fading. They were too quiet for anyone to notice. Z noticed his white pelt stood out too much so he went in search of something that could cover up the bright color. He only found a mucky puddle behind one of the houses. It would have to do. Z promptly rolled in it until all the white had been turned into a pale brown. The smell of sludge and decayed bird wafted off his pelt, but at least it would cover his tracks.
Z headed back to look for his quarry, but he was stopped when a crowd started to form in the main part of the town. Masses of cats gathered, some guards noticeable amongst them. Z narrowed his green eye, it may prove to be salubrious for him to watch.
After a minute of wild squabbling, two guards wearing silver armor dragged a weird wood box with three holes in it and a blade, dragging it to the middle of the crowd. Cats parted to let them through, and left a wide space around the wood block as it was placed, giving Z the ability to now see it clearer.
A few moments later two new guards dragged a limp body of a cat. The female looked half starved, and probably was too weak to fight her way from the guards as they brought her to the weird wooden piece from earlier. Following them was a well groomed cat who had a few looks of a rich life on his pelt. Z noticed a few amulets around his neck that could fetch a nice price.
That must be the mayor... Z realized with a jolt. Z looked at the female calico cat who had now been attached to the block, her head sticking through the large hole in the middle, and her two forepaws each sticking through the smaller ones on each side. And that must be Oliver's sister... It looks as if they are doing something to her.
Z scanned the crowd, and true enough, Oliver was at the edge of the square, tears streaming down his cheeks.
He couldn't stand the sight of someone so devastatingly sad. This must be the execution he was talking about. Well, this way he can take out two birds with one stone! As stealthy as possible, Z crept around and flanked one side of the group. He kept his head down and tried not to be noticed. He slowly made his way closer as some guy started speaking her terms of treason. Z was almost there when the cat was speaking. "Fern has been organized for execution for betraying us all. She was caught worshipping Z inside her home, which we shall burn later today." The crowd yowled and hissed. Some in glee and some hidden hatred. Someone bumped into him but didn't seem to notice. Z gave out a hefty sigh as someone stepped on his paw. He ended up just shoving everyone away. It was like a domino affect on all the cats, one by one they fell. Z lifted onto his hind legs. He was only half way there. Hmm...

I lay still. I don't move as my paws were trapped under bloodstained wood. A sword was high above my neck. Who cares? My death wont be in vein. I just wish my brother wasn't here to see it...

"Um, excuse me. You shouldn't play with sharp swords, you could get cut."