Chapter 10

Scraaaape.... Slither.... Z whipped his head side to side. He scowled at the sea, his gaze unblinking. Nothing moved. Nothing stirred. Frustrated, Z turned back to keep an eye on the soldiers. To his surprise Crystallite, Sunshine and Rose were gone. Rock and Sting were looking flustered, confused on where they were. Flint and Onyx weren't paying attention while Sparrow was heading up deck to chat with Wave. As Z looked for the missing females he heard Sparrow yowl Waves name. Where did they go? Z thought fast and ran over to one side of the ship. He began to push the anchor off the edge. It was sliding really slow but eventually it fell off, anchoring them in place. Z turned around, surprised as ever to find two people he never would've guessed were in front of him. Miuky looked at him with a warm smile and Lilly was balancing on one of the sail poles, right behind Miuky. Z blinked his eye in amazement. Their gazes were.... Too friendly.... Z took a step back before asking, "How did you two get here?" The question didn't faze them. "We came on a back up ship, Lord Z." Miuky purred, looking into his eye directly. It seemed like she was searching his thoughts, Lilly doing the same. He knew that neither one of them would look into his eyes this much... Who are they? "Didn't you miss us? We came across the ocean just for you!" Lilly meowed, her voice light and sweet. Miuky walked up to him and rubbed against his pelt with hers.  Z staggered away. Okay, he knew Miuky would never do that. Z shook his head viciously before looking up again. For a small moment, his friends had scales and long sharp teeth. His eye narrowed as they looked him in the eye again. "I don't know who you two are, but no one impersonates my friends!" He hissed. The two imposters almost dropped dead instantly. Z seemed to get his vision back as they lie dead. Their lower bodies turned into scaled fins and their teeth grew twice as long. If he knew his creatures right, these were Sirens. They sing songs or create illusions and then pull you into the sea and drown you. They despise female sailors and will usually capture them as a meal. Z looked at the others, they were all staring at other Sirens, drawn to the illusions. He ran as fast as he could to Sparrows side and hit the Siren in the face with his claws. It screamed before slithering into the water. Sparrow seemed to figure out what was going on. He leapt to help Onyx while Z pinned down the two by Sting. Soon it was a mass fight of land dwellers and Sirens. After most of them were gone, a tail slapped Z in the side so hard that he crashed into the railing. He splintered the wood as he broke it, falling into the deep ocean. A jagged wound on his side began to heal fast as he swam up to the surface.  Cold water sloshed against his pelt, making Z feel like he was in ice water. He tried not to swallow the salty ocean as he gulped for air. Of course, he could live underwater if he wanted to but after a while his lungs would hurt drastically. And he can't see in water considering the fact it stung his eye. The salted water stung Z's black eye socket, making him scream in agony. It hurt so bad. He put a paw to it and swam over until he could use the ship as support. Tails slammed against his pelt, making another jagged wound. Z coughed up water just before he was dragged under. He opened his good eye, feeling the sting of saltwater. He looked down and saw a Siren pulling him down. Z knew he would most likely be a meal, the reason he didn't fight back was that they might lead him to Wave and the others.
Soon enough, his theory was correct. They brought him to an underwater cave. One of the Sirens grabbed a white paste from a small corner. Z slashed out with a paw, scratching scales as he heard a shriek. They pushed him to the wall of the cave and put the paste all over him, trapping the poor soul there. What are they doing?!

Cliff hanger, guys! Sorry but... This is going to be my last chapter in this story... I just hate the beginning and stuff, I want to change it... SO IM REWRITING! :D I will share my new chapters as soon as I'm done, I'm so sorry for those of you who wants to know what will happen right now. It breaks my heart honestly. But, in the new story the chapters will be longer, better description, changing a few of those really questionable things, and ZERO AUTHOR NOTE CHAPTERS! But nevertheless, I will still have my end of chapter review.
Until then, you will have to wait to continue on Z's adventures!