Chapter 7

At least I Love Him More Than I'll Ever Love You...

Third Person's Pov...

As if leaving him wasn't troublesome enough. She was asking for a good spanking. He knew using too much force would be bad for the little one. He knew that his anger when she left her might cause him to do something that just might break that nonexisting but slowly approaching trust they might have between them. Deep down in his heart, Aiden wanted to scream and throw a fucking fit for losing her. She was really reckless as she jumped out the window. She could have probably hurt herself.

Aiden stopped in his footsteps, trying to see if he saw blood but the only red he saw was his blood boiling. He's livid but still cares that she didn't hurt herself.

He had so much confidence that she wouldn't get far. The gates surrounding the large home had a wide range of land and trees miles before she reached a tall gate like a skyscraper. This gate prevented photographers who would sneak onto his property from sneaking a picture or invading. The taller, the better. Men stood in front of the home, in front of the gate; by now, they would have probably seen something or someone.

That's when the panic kicked in, jumping from this height—what if she's hurt? He thought again about running back to her room and looked out the window. What the fuck!

He went outside his home and stood under her window where she escaped, his eyes scanning for anything of her. Nothing. He knew she headed off to the wooded area that he knew back and forth like the back of his hands and walked straight.

Not that far along, Angie sauntered. The impact she had falling on her limbs is starting to kick in. The adrenaline was wearing down, and the feeling was starting to tickle her arm. She shook slightly when she tried to raise it just a little bit. Taking a deep breath, her being hurt wasn't her first rodeo.

There's more to Angie than you may think. She wasn't as happy as she was when she met Chris. On a thunderous stormy night, a low-down dirty girl was found on the streets covered in bruises, scars, and mud. The sound of rain pitter-patter on roofs, pavement, and the ground made her skin crawl as if tiny creepy crawlies were all over her. Shivering. Crying. A bowl of sadness poured all over her.

Just looking around, she thought of how alone she was. At the moment, she was alone, scared, and unsure where to even go. Straight she thought. She might hit something once she goes directly. The thought of pushing, trying to continue until she passed out, was soon broken once a branch crack was heard behind her. Her eyes widened as he turned around to find a heaving Aiden right behind her.

She imagines him as a vast angry giant. Aiden did not hide his dissatisfaction with her. He'd look at her coldly. She's never seen such dark blue orbs narrowing, studying her every move. Frozen completely, she watched as he came closer to the point her only movement made her trip and fall on her butt. Grabbing her by her upper arm, the arm she fell on, she hissed in pain. In a rage, he didn't hear her pain as he dragged her back to the house.

Walking through the front door, the help of the home from as they saw her. The housekeeper gasping at her pained face, "Oh my goodness, child, you're hurt. Sir, she's—" Her mouth shut as she found him vexed, narrowing his eyes at her.

"I don't want to hear a goddamn word from any of you! Go to your rooms, and stay there until I need you!" That was all he said before the help of the home went to the very far back of the house where they stayed. The housekeeper broke from seeing Angie's poor face.

Once they left, Aiden let her arm go turning to her. She jumped with this angry look that came her way. "I—"

"Did I ask you to speak?" He spoke harshly. She gulped, shaking her head no. Her heart was through the roof, pumping extremely loud. "I thought you'd be happy, but no. I will give you everything and anything you want. Just be my little one. That's all I will ask of you. I will not hesitate to give you your own pretty room, whatever you need, whatever you want. I will give you my whole world if I have to. Why can't you see that I just want us to be together? That stupid name is stuck in your mouth, isn't it? Why can't you just forget him already? Do you know how hard it is? How hard have I to listen to you babble on and on about Chris? Why can't you see that it hurts me, too?"

"I don't care what hurts you. I love daddy Chris more. He's been there for me."

"And you think I won't love you? I won't be there for you?" He shouts as he's losing it. "He obviously didn't want you. That's why he gave me you up so easily when he could have fought for you. There's no point in being hooked on a man who sees you as a price tag."

Angie gasped softly, holding her own. "I—I don't care what you think. I want daddy Chris. This must have been a mistake. He must have been on something because I'm his favorite. How could he even do that too—"

"Well, he did! This is the truth. This is reality. I'm sorry, Angelica, deal with it. Angel, this is one part you can be a big girl. Accept that he's gone. You're mine now. Angelica, we're together forever. You can't run, hide, or flee somewhere, whatever you do. I can't get my hands on you. Why would he give you away if he really did love you? Favorite or not, he's moved on. Isn't that how it works with him? He loves you all equally, then give you away and moves on with his life. Please see that you're nothing but a deal. You're all a deal! A man is just waiting to take you; in your case, I've taken you. He's loved you alright but not the way you may think."

Angie bit her lips, not wanting to believe it. She wants Chris. Her fingers dug so deep into her smooth skin that she might bleed. "Say what you want to say. At least I love him more than I'll ever love you."

Aiden's fist clenched. What had Chris been filling her head? Does she really love him that much? She said she didn't hate Aiden, yet maybe she lied. Aiden couldn't know a damn thing from that statement. She really hit him where it hurts... hard. Telling him that she loved another man more than him. Give him a chance, at least. That's what their heads were filled with. A lie that only Chris can love them to the extinct that no other man can penetrate their hearts.

Angie notices how quiet he is, and Aiden ultimately thinks about his choice of Angelica. Of course, she'd love him more than she did with Aiden. She was the favorite, his favorite. She was the number one little that never had a room. Her room is in Christopher's room. She lay in his bed and had his attention. This mentality that Chris gave her all the attention in the world. He really had her hooked. Like a drug. When will Aiden be her favorite man?

Aiden wasn't a match for Chris; he just had to realize that. His fist relaxed, calming down. "If you love him so much, go ahead. Leave out the door. I won't stop you. I'll never stop you. Find your way back to your precious daddy. When you do, give me a call to prove me wrong. I'll give back my billions. Keep the fox, rip it, burn it for all I care. Goodbye seems best for this situation. You don't need me. You'll never need me since you have Chris. Go and find your way home." He whispers deathly.

Can you hear her heart-shattering? Why did he have to say that word... goodbye?