Chapter 21

Brother vs. boyfriend (daddy).....

Angelica's Pov.....

"Aiden... can call you that?" He directed daddy.

"That's fine."

"Exactly what are you to my sister?" He questioned.

"Her boyfriend and lover, you know... someone who's always there for her. I'm here for the same exact reason you're here, for her. For her safety and sake. I want you to know that I have no intention of hurting her because I plan to have a long lasting relationship with her." I've never had a such a huge smile on my face as he said those words. Daddy is so caring, I really like him. My heart fluttering out of control.

"Are those words true?"

"Yes, and if not then you might as well kill me. I've never meant such a lovely girl, that I'd give up everything for." Now a bright smile came on Heath's face. I giggled at the two, this is how it should be. "Angel, it's been a couple of hours now, are you hungry?"

"A little."

"Go in the kitchen, I'll be there in a moment." I nodded.

"Okay, Aiden." I stood up from the couch, running to the kitchen. They got along so well. I didn't think that Heath was so kind. Our first encounter at school was different than now. He's much... softer.

Third Person's Pov...

As Angelica stood up running to the kitchen, the two men stared at her little behind running off. As the room died down they turned to each other. Instant glares erupting in their eyes. That cold deadpan look on their faces was giving off something less than friendly. What was their end game? Each thinking about the other male in their true intentions. Was Heath trying to steal Angelica away from him, popping up out of nowhere? Was Aiden putting on a face in front of Angelica when his true intentions were much darker?

Questions after questions were announcing in their heads. Either party not daring to say a word. This wasn't the battle for Angelica's love but a battle between a boyfriend and her brother. A typical big brother protecting little sister. Heath's eyes finally break from Aiden's own orbs to stare around the house. So this was the man that had everything and owned everything.

His sister got herself a rich man. Now Heath had understood what Kimberly had meant by power. Who was this guy? What did he do? The question isn't slipping out of his mouth, the silence was too thick and slightly comforting in Heath's ears. Something caught his eyes, though, little by little he noticed pretty pictures of Angie hanged around the house. By the television laid a small couple picture of the both of them... Heath's eyes widen when he saw a pillow in the back. Oh wow, a picture in bed really.

Heath didn't want to dig deep in his mind wondering all kind of dirty filthy things. Sex was one thing he did not want to think about. "Sexy picture isn't it?" Aiden spoke up making his eyes snap so quick to his direction. "Such pretty pink on those cheeks. You know she's easily embarrassed, it's cute. At times she'd have a cold look on her face yet I know her mind and heart are filled with emotions that are hard to express."

"I don't want to know what goes on between you two."

"But I can see, feel, and I know you're an overprotective brother. Being in the force is only an excuse so when something happens, you will be quick to snatch her away from me. I don't think even a man like you would like to pick a fight with me."

Heath stands up, angered, picking a fight? Aiden's doing that at this exact moment. "And if I am? She's my sister, my blood, I can easily influence her."

"I've known my angel for a while now and she's not that easily influenced. She's not as dumb as you think. She can put two and two together faster than you know it. That's why I love her. Every girl I've had were so dense, always played dumb, annoying really. Once you break that timid side of her, it's easy for her to tell you everything. It's not hard to decode her, and she's not an object either."

"What the hell that's supposed to mean?"

"I've met men like you, trying hard to win a girl over, telling them what they want to hear. I would know, I was one and I ended up with horrible girls. I feel as if you're not true to your word, the way you look, the way you talk is unreal. She may be buying what you're selling but I don't by any of your bullshit."

Heath laughed hard till his sides hurt, he sat down rubbing his eyes from tears. "So this is what you really are. A demon, I knew you weren't real. I just couldn't believe it. You're too nice, that face mask will be ripped off."

"Mask? Are you sure I'm posed as someone else? Because once you really get to know her, my sweet little one will tell you that I only speak the truth no matter how harsh it hurts. She knows me to know that, I will tell her like it is. I've hurt her, yes, but my truthful words do the damage to any soul. At least I have my limits, do you?" Aiden cocked his head. One side unsure of the other sides best for Angie but is turning this situation about themselves.

"Limits, huh? You're pretty bold." Heath was trying to understand, what Limits meant? Thinking back on his life, Heath knows that things weren't always the truth and he had to lie a couple of times stretching out the truth... does Aiden know?

"I've been told. Heath Rouge, you may be her twin, her brother, and her blood but I'm her boyfriend, a person that has much more intimacy and care for her."

Bullshit ran across his mind.

"Blood is thick than water."

"Can I call bullshit now?" He laughed. "What a joke, "Blood is thicker than water"." He scoffed rolling his eyes."Water will always wash blood away. How about this, I'll accept you. If you do something stupid I'm coming for you. Cop or not, brother or step brother, hurt my Angelica and I will turn into the monster that you want me to be."

Aiden's jaw clenched tightly, he was serious as a heart attack. It was true that his facade was a fake but seeing how a guy like Heath coming into her life again screamed trouble in his head, he was not going to let his guard down. "I can tell you've done some bad things, I'm surprised there's nothing on your name the way you look. Aiden White you do not want to test me. I'll be on neutral grounds with you, however, all I'm asking you is that you don't hurt her."

"Guess we agree on something."

"I don't fucking like you," The truth comes out as Heath spoke slowly. Aiden laughed as if this was a compliment.

"You're not the first one to tell me this." He spoke his final words then off he went to fix Angelica something to eat.