Chapter 19

Twins....

Angelica's POV...

Heath and I went to the same school; he was the golden light. Every day after school, we were the first to leave before anyone else, running to the train station to catch the two o'clock train going to the park by our grandma's house. We were two innocent young little kids just having the time of our lives; we would hold hands everywhere we went. My left hand never felt so empty after. Heath was my best friend; the one person who said, "I'll protect you," didn't. Instead, he fled. Going somewhere I didn't know of, leaving me to rot in hell with that devil.

There's no way I can...

"Ouch!" I hissed as a sharp pain in my head hit me. What just happened? Carelessly not realizing where I was, I accidentally flipped the fine china, letting it fall to the ground. The loudness of the crack echoed throughout the room. The sound rang in my ears; I had no energy or emotions to pick it up. Our relationship is in shambles, just like this plate. So it's Heath Parker Rouge. No, let me correct myself, Officer Heath Parker Rouge. Looks like he's been busy.

I don't even know what to do right now? Should I tell Daddy, or should I figure this out alone? Even though I made the wrong move by telling him I hated him, I had the urge to run out of the house and find him to tell him I was sorry.

However, from what I've told Daddy, he might not accept me being close to the one guy who could have been there for me only to decide to run away. Was he running from his problems, or did he not like me?

Does asking him so many questions make my skin itch so badly? Why did he leave? Where did he go? Why didn't he take me with him? I doubt he knows how our father indeed acts.

"ANGELICA!" I heard Daddy's voice roar, shocking me out of my thoughts. I turned around to find him completely angry. "I've been calling you for a while now. Are you okay? I heard the sound of a plate— ah... Angelica... what happened?" He asked, picking up the big pieces of the plate.

"Ah... I-I- um...uh... s-sorry." I backed up from the plate. As he finished cleaning up the mess, he came to me, hugging me tightly. For once, I didn't wrap my hands around him. I just felt so stuck; this problem was bothering me.

"Angel, what's wrong? You seem so lost ever since you came home. Did something happen at school? You know, you can always tell me?" My heart was thick with hurt, confusion, and stress.

"Leave me alone." I pull out of his hold only to be yanked back to him.

"Angel, there's something wrong with you, and I won't have you speaking to me that way."

Holding back my tears, my throat blocked, I felt so sick. I was ready to cry, "Please, Daddy... leave me alone." My voice broke, holding back my tears. His face dropped as his hand released the pressure from my arm.

I went back up to our room, exhausted. Falling on the bed, I crawled under the sheets. Why do I feel like this? Daddy must not like me right now, and I hate my own brother... my own twin. Yeah, we were twins.

The door suddenly clicked open. The steps were quiet, as if someone was trying to tip-toe their way in. The bed dipped, indicating there was someone. A deep sigh of a man was heard. "Angel, I'm worried. Talk to me." He rubbed my back over the sheets. "Holding in your problem will hurt you even more. And it's also hurting me the most to see you—" I threw the covers over my head off of me. I jumped on him, tackling him down on the bed with a hug. "—Angel, this is a surprise. What happened? Please talk to—"