Chapter 8

Happy

Third Person's Pov...

Aiden's heart was running back through all the cruel words he had spoken to her. He didn't want her to go. He couldn't let her go, no matter how much his brain, heart, and soul told him no. As he turned away, a sudden tug on the lower half of his shirt was caught. Caught in Angie's tight grip. Holding on tightly, she didn't dare to look up as her hazel eyes stared down at the ground.

Words are not escaping her. Either party isn't saying anything. Aiden delicately took hold of her fist in his shirt, pulling it away. Not even daring to give up on her grip, she moves closer. As much as she didn't want to admit it, it hurt. It really hurt. Though, that's how she felt. That's what her heart desired. She loved Christopher more than Aiden. On the other hand, she wasn't with him anymore, and Aiden was her new daddy now. Can she just accept it?

"Angelica, please let go." He spoke in a monotone, not hinting at how he truly felt about everything. Being the good girl, she was raised to be listening to her daddy, Chris. It's a habit that she needs to lets go of. Like a turtle, her fist slowly let his shirt go. "Now go."

"Go where?!" She spoke softly. Of course, she couldn't go anywhere. Chris didn't want her now. Aiden didn't want her, so what now? Could she even make it out on her own? Only if she had seen that before.

"Where do you think? You're ranting on and on about how Christopher is so much better than me. You love Christopher more than you will ever love me. You didn't even give me a chance. Where do you think you should go? I don't know how you'll find him, but good luck. I hope you find your love." That word seethes through his teeth.

"I-I.... don't send me away, okay. I was stupid for saying that but is it really that bad? I didn't mean anything, but I can't help what I feel. I do love Chris."

"Alright.... now go find him." This icy cold shoulder.

"Why are you so mean?!" Her tone was a little more aggressive as her tiny voice boomed. 

Aiden chuckled, realizing what a stupid question that was. Why is he so mean? Up until now, he wasn't. Again, what man wants to hear that their soon-to-be love loves another man? "I've done nothing wrong."

"Are you kidding me?" Aiden cocked his head in annoyance. Running his hands over his mouth, he sat on the stairs glaring at her. Yes, glaring. Shaking his head in shock, he couldn't believe his ears. "Wow, "You've done nothing wrong?" Angelica, are you being serious? I believe that's my line because you tried to escape. I've done nothing wrong. I will not sugarcoat anything with you because I am an honest man. You tried to escape from me, you hurt yourself from a stupid attempt, and you are openly telling me that you love Chris more than me, and we haven't gotten to know each other. Can't you see that I'm hurt? I hurt, too, understand that. My heart breaks that you don't see me the same way or even give me a chance!"

Angie's eyes prick with tears ready to fall. He was right—she never gave him a chance, and she was hurting him. Everything was her fault.

"I-I'm hurting you?" She asked almost in a silent voice that he didn't catch. "I'm not doing it—"

"Intentionally, on purpose. Oh, I know; however, that still doesn't make what you did right. Angelica, I want to be with you. I really do. No more talks about him. I'm just going to say this: honesty is the key; tell me what you want right now? Because I will not go over this with you again. Speak to me honestly."

Angie gripped tightly on her own clothes. Slowly taking a walk to the steps, she sat quietly, breathing in and out next to him. He wanted her to be honest with herself, then she will.