Chapter 6: Shut Eye

• Dedicado a ariabelieber

Dedicating this to @ariabelieber I was having a hard time debating whether I should post at least one more chappie! I couldn't help it...I'm a sucker for people who say "please" you know? Anways enjoy! :D

My heart was pounding faster than ever. The feel of his electrifying touch was still jolting up and down my thigh. Oh god. A messed up feeling in my stomach nauseated me at the thought of Hal sleeping next to me, naked, and us sprawled on top of each other...

No! No! No! Get a hold of yourself Alana. He's your enemy remember? I groaned as my inner conscious screamed. Shit, she was right. Hal is still the enemy. His stupid company was the reason why my family is so stressed out. My brain was about to burst as memories of what happened earlier just out of nowhere sparked something inside me.

He was seducing you bitch.
The evil conscious sneered. I sighed and went up the swirling stairs to my room, sorry, I meant our room. Throwing the dress and heels onto the floor, I jumped onto the soft velvet mattress and closed my eyes. A sense of relief flooded my tense body and soon I relaxed on the comfy bed. God, this bed was even softer than a marshmallow! "Thank you for this amazing bed. I might marry this thing and divorce Hal instead." I muttered as I felt sleep take over me...

"WOOF!" than a loud bark just ruined the peaceful moment. I cringed as I heard a bell tinkle in the distance and I found myself eye-to-eye with blue eyes so bright they looked almost white. As realization hit me my eyes widened like a deer in headlights. The dog barked again and I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Get away from me!" I yelled as the dog went into a pouncing pose. The dog was black and white, really big. It almost looked like a wolf but...it wasn't. Backing up until my back hit the head board, I groaned and cursed silently as the dog continued to stare at me with it's electric blue eyes. I stared back at it, my arms crossed over my chest as I waited for it to do something. "Ok, mister..." I trailed off and squinted my eyes at the little bell around its next. There was writing engraved on to it but I couldn't read it from here. Couldn't this stupid mutt have a normal collar with it's name on it?

Suddenly, the door behind the dog opened and I stared at Hal with my mouth gaped open. His towel had disappeared and now all he was wearing was a white shirt that showed off his muscles. The towel that covered his manly parts were now gone and he was wearing dark jeans that sagged to his waist. Ok, this man was gorgeous but right now I'm in a life-or-death situation with a huge dog that's ready to pounce on me anytime.

The dog sniffed the air and looked back at Hal with another woof. Hal looked at the dog with a huge smile that just confused me even more, and I found myself crawling like a baby towards them. "You didn't mention having a wild animal in your house." I snarled, glaring at the dog as its tail kept slapping my face.

His gaze then shifted to me and those blue eyes glinted with something that I couldn't explain. His lip quirked up and he approached the dog, petting its head as the dog panted loudly. "Wild animal?" he raised a brow, stiffling a giggle.

I pursed my lips and pouted, "Don't look at me like I'm stupid. Obviously that thing is some sort of wolf so why is it here?" I growled, glaring daggers at the stupid animal. I was about to fall asleep until the damn canine just barged in and had to woof at me. "Ugh, you know what? Forget it." I groaned and hurriedly went under the sheets, needing some shut eye. Not to mention, I was still angry at Hal's perverted-ness but I had no energy.

The dog's feet padded away and I sighed in relief, thankful that the mutt won't be back. I hated dogs. I was more of a cat person. In the orphanage, I would always play around with Mrs. Huckleberry's black cat, Maezy. Well, until the cat got ran over by a van...um, yeah.

"FYI, that dog isn't a wolf." Hal's voice interrupted my depressing thoughts of poor Maezy. "He's a Siberian Husky and his name is Romeo." he finished off. I snorted as he said Romeo. Who names a dog after one of Shakespeare's suicidal characters? Next thing you know he has a hamster named Juliet. That would be kinda funny though.

"I want to sleep." I grumbled, not wanting to continue the conversation about his stupid dog. I felt the bed dip behind me and I craned my neck back to the point where I felt like I was about to snap it. I watched over my shoulder as he stripped out of his white shirt, revealing broad shoulders and ripped back muscles. I was drooling and I knew it. Damn, he is fine. I couldn't help it, I'm human after all but oh my god. He was smoking.

Hal threw the shirt on the floor and stood up. I heard a zipper and my eyes went wide as he pulled his pants down with one stroke. He held his dark jeans on his arms and my gaze shifted to his butt. God, that butt is sexy. I bit my lip and blurted out the letters on his brief strap, "Calvin Klein..." I was glad that he was wearing underwear and not butt-naked. I don't think my brain could handle any more sexiness from Hal.

He looked back at me with a surprised expression before he wiped it off and that familiar smirk was back. I blushed different colors of pink and red as I closed my eyes, wishing that my mouth hadn't moved on its own. The bed dipped again and I felt his hard arms engulf me in a hug. I looked up at him with a brow raised and he just smiled at me, showing off his perfect, pearly-white teeth.

I took a deep breath and decided to get comfy. I didn't have the strength right now to push him off. I was too exhausted from the flight anyways. "I'm going to kill you tomorrow..." Slowly my eyes closed and I drifted off to sleep, a small smile on my face as my body relaxed comfortably on Hal's embrace.