Chapter 24: Beach House

Blake's birthday party ended quickly after he fell in to the pool, drunk of course. Since we were far from Hal's place, we decided to drive Blake to Hal's beach house. Yep, you heard me, a beach house. My parents don't even have a beach house.

"Hey, wake up dumbass." Hal slapped Blake across the face but he didn't flinch nor wake up. "I think he's out cold."

I huffed, "You think?" I said sarcastically, receiving a glare from Hal that I ignored. "Anyways, let's just get Blake out of the car. You already look like you're gonna' pass out."

Grabbing my bag, I shooed Hal away as I got Blake's head off my lap. He groaned but stayed asleep, which was a blessing since I didn't want him to wake up and barf on me. Walking out of the car, I moved away so that Hal could bring the big guy out.

"Alright Blake..." Hal mumbled, slowly dragging him out by his shoulders. Once Blake's butt and legs were on the ground and out of the car, I immediately went to his feet. "Think you can carry him?" Hal asked, huffing as Blake squirmed for a bit in his hold.

I nodded and hooked my arms around Blake's calfs before using all my strength to lift his legs up. Hal cooperated and lifted Blake's back higher so that his whole body wasn't touching the ground. I'll be honest here, I felt like I was carrying a load of bricks. This guy is heavy! As much as I wanted to dump his legs back on to the ground, well, I can't. I'm civil enough to bring this humongous Sasquatch in to a a better place to rest with a bed. Leaving him in a really nice luxurious car with semi-comfortable seats isn't a good place to wake up.

Trust me, I know. I've woken up in a fancy car before, to be more specific, Hal's and uh, let's not get in to the details how that happened...

Anyways, the sand wasn't making it easier for me as we carried Blake to the beach house. Why couldn't Hal just freaking park the car next to the house? This place was deserted and he could've easily just drove his Maserati to the house.

"Ok, let's put Blake on this chair." Hal backed up towards one of those wooden rocking chairs that grandmas sit on. I know, an awesome example.

I sighed in relief as we placed Blake on the chair. It rocked slowly back and forth as he snored loudly, a smile slowly formed on his lips before he groggily mumbled out slurred words. His breath stunk of liquor and cigarettes.

Hal wiped his brow, wrapping an arm around me as he pulled me close to him. This would've been super romantic with the waves quietly lapping, the smell of sea salt lingering around us, and peaceful quietness. But the snoring brute sitting in front of us kind of made the scene less appealing.

"I'm going to grab the car and park it here." Hal informed, kissing my forehead before he pulled away.

I gave him an incredulous look. Wow, really. Now he wants to park his stupid car in front of the beach house?

He raised a brow, "What?" he asked with attitude, crossing his arms over his chest.

I let out an annoyed huff, "It would have been less of a struggle if you parked the car near the beach house before we had to drag Blake out here for 5 minutes." I complained, rolling my eyes as Hal shrugged his shoulders, not really giving a damn.

"We still got him here." he retorted with even more attitude, making my brows furrow.

Let the battle begin.

Glaring daggers at the Greek God in front of me, I tightened my fists, "Yeah but it took us too long when you could have brung your stupid sports car across the sand."

"But I don't want to get my Maserati dirty." he replied instantly, his answer annoying me even more.

"Newsflash, your car is already on the sand and probably has a ton of germs on it either way."