Chapter 9: First Kisses

The handsome Athos on the side ;) Enjoy and don't forget to comment, vote, and share! :D

Standing in the doorway was none other than my worst nightmare. Hal. His eyes were dark, not their usual blue but grey. I gulped at the sight of my angry spouse and cursed to myself. This situation was just awkward. Not to mention the tense atmosphere in the kitchen. Oh god Alana, what have you gotten yourself into again? Suddenly, Athos's grip on my waist became tighter and I stared at him with wide eyes. He was still half naked, and not even paying any attention to his brother.

Hal cleared his throat and narrowed his eyes at Athos, "Well brother. What a surprise to see you here. I hadn't realized you were dropping by. I wasn't informed that you were visiting nor notified from father." Athos returned a smile that looked so innocent, you would be convinced that he wasn't half naked and wrapped around another man's fiancee.

"Can't I visit my baby brother without acting like one of your clienteles?" he replied grimly, still looking at me with his devilish smirk. "I've made myself at home if you don't mind. Alana made me some pasta. It was delicious! Oh my, I think I'm falling in love with her baby brother. I just want to eat her up."

"Thank you but I really need to um...hit the hay I guess?" I said with a nervous smile. I just wanted to get out of here before something bad happens and I end up yelling bloody murder!

"Alana." Hal called and my head instantly snapped to him with pleading eyes. "I have something important to discuss with you and it's private. So, be in my room before midnight or else I'll have to drag you there myself."

I nodded without saying a word and slipped away from Athos's arms. "Ok." I muttered as I walked past him towards the swirly set of stairs. As I ascended the small steps, I overheard Athos and Hal.

"What the fuck are you doing here Athos?" Hal asked in a tone that made me shiver.

Athos chuckled and I heard ruffling sounds of fabric, "Just wanted to see how my baby brother is doing. Also, how your soon-to-be wife looks like. I have to say she's smoking hot. When I heard you were marrying some Sinclair chick, thought her name was Sinclair but whatever, I doubted her. Although, Alana is a cute name. She's more than cute." he chuckled and then the snap of a belt was the last thing I heard before Hal's speech.

"Shut the hell up and tell me why you're here." he snapped, "Antoinette came over. I don't know how she knew I was going to Miami but she came here a few days ago. She's the one that was telling me about father's party. Why is he here? Wasn't he supposed to be in Europe? Oh, and why are you here? I know your wothless ass is busy fucking whores."

"Nice to see you too. Actually, the whole family is going to be at the party. Including Antoinette. Father wants to talk to Alana, you know, get to know her better. Mother is angry though. She doesn't want her little baby to be getting married to a worthless gold digger." as he said those words, I felt my chest constrict. "Those are mother's words of course. I think Alana is fine. Better than any of my whores."

Feeling nauseated at their conversation, I made my way to our room and plopped down on the bed. I hadn't noticed that the Sun was down and now the full moon was in plain view. Laying down ontop of the duvet, I stared at the ceiling. I remember that one night. Antoinette looked at me with so much hate and disgust. I sighed loudly and rubbed my forehead in frustration. I wish mother was here. The only time I desperately needed her was when she wasn't even beside me. Groaning I stood up from the bed and looked through my bags for my phone. I needed to at least hear her voice and reassure me that everything is going to be alright. Her comforting voice always made me feel loved. I was always a lonely child in the past. I bawled my eyes out just because I was lonely. I didn't want that to happen right now.

After what felt like hours of searching for my phone, I sat down on the floor. Crossing my legs I sighed and ran a hand through my messy curls. Was I supposed to be worrying about stuff right now? Wasn't the reason why we went to Miami was to get to know each other? Questions were starting to pile up in my head. This didn't feel right. Mother would have informed me about a party. But our last conversation only consisted of me getting scolded at.

"Wow, you actually listened for the first time." Hal's soothing voice made my body relax. Looking up at him, I watched as his frame slouched slightly, leaning against the door with his eyes focused on me.

"What else was I supposed to do when I was told I would be dragged in here anyways?" I smiled up at the handsome Adosin in front of me playfully and immediately looked away. I felt my cheeks redden and I groaned internally. I am so confused.

Hal chuckled and I heard his soft feet pad around the room before he sat next to me, our bodies touching slightly. I felt my heart beat rapidly through my chest and immediately scooted an inch away from him. "Er, you said we had something to talk about?"

"Yeah." he breathed, his eyes focusing on my face, "My father is inviting us to a party. He's hosting it here at one of your hotels around Miami. Athos told me that it will be this week."

I nodded in response and lifted my knees up, wrapping my arms around my legs and laying my chin on my knees. "Ok, so that means I have to wear a dress and all that formal stuff?"

Hal smiled and I felt my chest tighten, "Of course you have to wear a dress silly goose." I felt my head get rubbed by Hal's knuckles and grumbled. "You're a strange woman Alana."

"What? How am I strange? I'm perfectly normal, excuse me." I said with a glare.

He chuckled and his blue eyes suddenly lit up, "No, you're more than perfect. It's just that most girls...you know, love walking around in lavish dresses and high heels."

I shrugged, "Sorry to break it to you but I'm not like most girls." It's true. I wasn't born from a rich family. I was adopted, and lived my whole life wearing skinny jeans and baggy hoodies until I graduated high school.

"I know you're not like most girls. That's what makes you special." Hal replied with a smile that almost made me collapse onto the floor. I blinked at him as his words processed in my head.

"Psh, you've only known me for like half a week. How would you know if I'm just faking my hate for dresses?"

Hal smiled at me again, but it didn't reach his eyes. I stared at him, confused. Suddenly he stood up and assisted me up as well before he started to take his business suit off. Making my way towards the bed, I stopped and looked back at Hal who was staring at me with a faraway look. "What's wrong?" I asked, sitting on the bed.

"There's this girl I liked." He mumbled, unbuttoning his white blouse before discarding it on the floor. "I stole her first kiss..." He trailed off, looking away from me with a distant look on his face. "We were in high school at the time. She was different from all the girls. First day I met her, I fell in love and pestered her but she slipped away from me."

I snorted and smiled sheepishly at Hal, "I got my first kiss stolen in high school too. Except, the guy I kissed..." trailing off, my memory replayed the scene in the hallway. My lips perfectly aligned with Haley's as we kissed for what seemed like forever. It was amazing. "...he was a mystery. I never got to talk to him afterwards since he got tackled by Ron." I giggled at the memory of the two rolling on top of each other like playground kids. "I still think about him till now. It's weird."

I slowly fell back on the small mattress with a oof sound and sighed. Hal's familiar chuckle erupted and I found myself staring into a pair of blue eyes. His warm-minty breath fanned my face making my cheeks blush different shades of red.

"We should really get some rest Hal." I whispered, not knowing why.

"Are you sure about that?" he whispered back, our lips just a few centimeters away from each other.

My eyes trailed down to his luscious pink lips, "Mmhmm...." No! Alana control yourself! There's no going back if both of your lips connect! My bottom lip quivered and I took in the smell of Hal's spicy scent. Biting the bottom of my lip, I turned to my side, feeling a little disappointed in myself. "I need to buy a dress tomorrow for the party." and with that I closed my eyes.

As the bed dipped behind me, Hal's arms wrapped around my body. I felt his strong arms pull me against his bare chest. His warm breath fanned the back of my neck causing me to shiver. Hal's nose nuzzled the soft spot on my neck and as he placed a wet kiss on it, he whispered, "Oh, and don't think you're off the hook with what I saw between you and Athos. You'll explain to me tomorrow." I groaned and hugged a soft pillow beside me, trying to delete half-naked Athos in my brain.

"By the way, goodnight and I love you Alana." And that's when a smile formed on my lips and my body relaxed to a deep slumber.