Chapter 28: Answers and...

The gifts have been progressing each week. Every single day I would find either more bouquets of roses, cards with meaningful yet mysterious poems, boxes of chocolate, or expensive jewelry. Trust me, I was flattered over these things but it was too much. Whoever this "Secret Admirer" person is, I actually want them to stop. I've been focusing on who would give these gifts to me more than work and it really was killing my time.

I kind of have a feeling who this person is but I'm still unsure.

Just earlier today, Ron had visited unexpectedly. He had a bouquet of white roses in his hand with another Hallmark card. Inside the card contained nothing but sweet words but nothing poetic or romantic unlike the previous cards I have received.

Then there was Eric, who took me out for lunch weeks before and currently I am spending more time with him than usual. He had been giving me gifts in secret as well, and in person also. The man is sweet, but I had no interest in him at all. Sooner or later I would have to tell him to keep our relationship strictly business and business only. The gifts were sweet but I've had enough of them.

As much as I want to deny the other person I think who sent these gifts, the thought couldn't be blocked, and I found myself idling in the café. It was midsummer, and the weather outside was in the 90's. The café I usually went to was empty, and I was the only one sitting quietly in one of the booths, sipping on my iced lemonade (since hot chocolate wouldn't really work out right now), and thinking hard about a certain someone I didn't want to think about. No matter how much I tried to remove him from my mind, he was always back like a boomerang and I honestly just want to sleep. But if I sleep, he'll be in my dreams, and it doesn't help anymore when I'm awake.

That man, Haley Brougham, is on my mind 24/7.

I heaved a heavy sigh as I drank more of my lemonade, clipping my hair in to a messy bun. It was a Saturday, which meant a hearty day off with no work. I needed a break from everything, and I was currently getting it. But I knew this "break from everything" was going to end as soon as a midnight black coffee bike pulled up near the café. The man with the black leather jacket sat up from the bike, his dark jeans perfectly tailored to his legs sagging slightly on his waist, and black Chuck Taylor's adding on to the even more badass look. Once he removed the grey helmet, I shrugged in my seat with a blush as his blue eyes caught me staring at him.

The small bell to the café dinged and a gust of warm humid air hit me before the door shut slowly. The barista in the counter smiled seductively, fluttering her fake eyelashes as Haley approached the counter. He smirked and placed an order quickly, not giving the woman a second glance as he suddenly slid in the seat across from me.

I blushed hard.

"Well, fancy meeting you here." he spoke softly, shrugging off his jacket and placing it beside him.

I held my gaze on his neck, where I could see his obvious Adam's apple outlined. I avoided eye contact and tried to avoid his hard muscles protruding from his white t-shirt too.

I'm lying, I snuck a glance at it but you can't blame me. Who would avoid those damn sexy muscles?

"Mr. Brougham, your order." the female barista, let's call her Whori, informed with a hint of obvious seduction.

Haley took his drink and smiled, "Thank you."

Whori smiled flirtatiously and slid a small paper towards Haley, "You're order's check sir." she winked and I scoffed when I saw her phone number scribbled on it.

"Okay, you can leave now, Whori." I piped in, suddenly feeling annoyed at this blonde.

"Excuse me? My name's Heather no--"