Part 2 of the Mermaid AU

LEVI'S POV

"Hanji I think I like someone." As soon as the words left my mouth I instantly regretted them. I could see the expression on Hanji's face turn from worried to the expression she gave when experimenting. It was unsettling and I tried to back away but before I could even take a step back she pounced. I managed to dodge her first attempt but was unprepared for her to bounce back up as fast as she did. She tackled me and held on tight.

"LEVI THAT'S WONDERFUL. MY LITTLE MUNCHKIN ACTUALLY HAS FEELINGS FOR SOMEONE."
She screeched like the psychotic banshee she was.
"WHO IS IT? WHO'S THE LUCKY PERSON THAT STOLE MY MUNCHKIN'S HEART? THE ONE WHO WAS ABLE TO THAW THAT FROZEN HEART OF YOURS."

I promptly ignored the overactive child currently hanging off my shoulder.

"Shut up shitty glasses and get me a towel." I saw her grin mischievously and she backed away.

"Only if you tell me what happened."

I groaned in frustration. I shouldn't have expected anything less. I couldn't help but remember those Caribbean blue eyes and that warm innocent smile. I frowned at the weird fluttering feeling inside my stomach.

"Fine. Now hurry up. It's cold as shit."

Hanji skipped away in utter delight and I took a few seconds to just breath. As much as I loved Hanji she could be a bit much. But she was the only friend I had and as much as she annoyed me, she made up for it with her presence. Hanji understood me In ways other people couldn't. I would never admit to her that I valued her friendship even if I was on the floor dying. I awaited her return patiently and stripped the soggy wet suit off. I stood alone on the porch cold, wet, and tired clad only in my boxers

'Where the hell is that damn woman?'

"I'M HERE!" I heard Hanji yell as she ran down the stairs holding one of our many black towels.

"Finally. Now gimmie." I reached my hand out to grab it but right before my fingers brushed against the fabric, she pulled away.

"I know you're tired and all but you have to agree to at least tell me his name."

It was too good to be true. I fought off the small smirk trying to make it's way onto my face and answered.

"His name is Eren."

"He's so cute!" I could practically hear her internal fangirl freaking out. I scoffed.

"You haven't even seen him yet shitty glasses."

She huffed in disbelief and mumbled "He sounds cute."

"Wait" She paused and her eyes widen dramatically.

"I'M GONNA MEET HIM?"

'Shit' I internally cursed. I hadn't ment to tell say that. I kept my face neutral and responded."Only if you behave. Now give me the fucking towel so I can get dry and go to sleep."

She finally relented and handed me the towel, smiling widely while she did so.

"We'll talk more tomorrow shitty glasses." I wiped myself off as best as I could and entered the house, shutting the door behind me. I headed straight up the stairs and into my room. Once inside I entered the shower where I stripped myself of my boxers and took a quick hot shower. Once outside the bathroom I proceeded to put on a loose pair of boxers and laid under the covers. I layed in bed, wrapped in a thin blanket and slept the most I've slept in years.