Chapter 6- Out with The Bad Boy

“Would you stop pacing child, there’s no need to give yourself a heart attack,” Claire chides as I continue to pace relentlessly in Lucy’s room. Said child begins to giggle as Claire begins to mock me behind my back.

                “What if he sees her and tries to take her, I swear I don’t know what’s wrong with Kohl, why would he do this?” I run a hand through my hair in frustration.

                “Your brother has his reasons for which he does the things he does, but you have to believe he has your best interests in sight,” the wise woman placates. Her words finally sink in.

                “What do you mean?”

                Instead of wording an answer she waves me off and continues to entertain the giddy child in her hands. Lucy seems especially happy today, she seems to be jumping in place.

                “Just go and get ready, I laid some proper clothes out on your bed already. Things have been taken care of, the young man will not see Lucy, rest assured,” she motions for me to leave the child’s lilac room.

                I sigh in defeat and make my way out of my princess’s room and head to my own. I head into the bathroom to take a relaxing shower before having to face a walking devil. Just the thought of Drew causes a weird feeling at the pit of my stomach. I stand under the hot water allowing it to pelt my skin and relieve the tension from my stiff muscles.

                What could have Claire meant, does Kohl know something I don’t?

                I shake my head from my lingering thoughts and finish my shower. I wrap a towel around my body and head out to look at the clothes Claire picked out. I’m not one to dress over the top so I hope it’s something remotely close to what I’d usually wear. I smile when I see the dark jeans, a blue dress shirt and some matching heels. She’s been waiting to get me into those for quite a while.

                I put some light make up on and let my hair fall down in its natural wavy state before finally getting dressed. I’m glad the heels aren’t so tall, the height adjustment seems to throw me off a bit but I manage. I throw a black jacket over the outfit just to complete it to my taste and head downstairs with my gaze on the ground.

                “Wow sis, you look beautiful,” I hear Kohl whisper as he comes to stand by me. I keep my head down as a faint smile curves my lips, but I’m not willing to give him the satisfaction.

                “I know you’re mad but trust me, I know what I’m doing,” he squeezes my shoulder reassuringly. I nod and finally look up just in time to see joy fill his brown eyes. The doorbell ringing moves our gaze towards the front door. Guess the guys are here, I look over at the clock by the mantle and they are indeed punctual.

                Out of the corner of my eyes I catch Claire take Lucy out the backdoor towards the garden. I sigh in relief, the fear of losing someone I love subsiding a bit with the small reassurance that Lucy will be a way’s away. I faintly hear Roger greeting the guys as they step inside. All three gaze around the vast house, they are the only people from school who have ever stepped foot into our home.

                “Wow, I feel like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman,” yes people, Lucas just made that reference. Adrian looks at him like he lost his mind while Drew’s unnerving gaze is on me. Kohl seems to notice and clears his throat.

                “Cool house,” his blue eyes snap towards Kohl momentarily before finding their way back to me. I  let my gaze linger on his frame, he’s wearing black slacks with a blue button up shirt that compliments his eyes perfectly. I furrow my eyebrows. His attire looks different than the other guys’ more casual one, including my brother.