Chapter 19- The Bad Boy Reveals

Drew’s POV:

                “Dude, look at all the new inventory, I feel like a kid in a candy store,” Lucas claps his hands as he eyes all of his new targets. The sparkle in his eyes indeed makes him look like a child in a candy store. Both Adrian and I roll our eyes at his antics.

                “Lucas, stop thinking with your dick and remember we’re here for serious purposes,” Adrian scolds, always being the mediator in the trio. I don’t have to turn around to know he’s shaking his head at a practically bouncing Lucas. I knew we shouldn’t have bought him that large frappe.

                “Since when has my dick gotten in the way of my job?” Lucas smirks at us. It’s true, Lucas happens to be multi-talented, once he managed to shoplift three days’ worth of food while keeping a very flirtatious conversation rolling. I continue to face forward as we walk. I have to flare my nostrils and hold my breath a bit as the scent of girls’ perfume drifts through the hallway as they spray liberally. I can feel the eyes on us, I hate having the spotlight on me. I feel as if every stare is a new judgment and I’ve had enough of that to last me a lifetime.

                “Wow, these bitches are horny,” Adrian mutters as he comes to stand by my side. He glares at practically everything in sight but that’s my best friend for you. Adrian’s painfully blunt and uncaring of who he hurts with his words but I find that’s better than someone who will lie to myself. He would prefer to withhold the truth if he didn’t feel like I was ready to hear it, but he’d never lie to cover up the truth. Don’t let that trick you, he will lie in order to tease someone or make someone squirm and he has one hell of a poker face.

                “I know isn’t it great?” Lucas replies with a wide smile lining his features.

                “Don’t get sidetracked by a pretty face, you all know why we’re here,” I stop to give them a pointed look. They both roll their eyes knowing that they’ve never failed at a job before, but they do say there’s always a first time for everything. That foreboding feeling ripples through my body once again, as if life as I know it will be no more, yeah, just how shittier can my life get. Three wishes, my mom gave me her last three wishes and I’m failing her greatly. First, I give away my sister to some stranger in order to save her and I’m beginning to question if I even did the right thing. Sammy, I am taking care of my younger sister but it’s not like that’s hard, Adrian practically her bodyguard and boyfriend. Now I just hope I can find whichever girl my mom referred to and make sure she’s fine, I can’t keep screwing up.

                “Whoa, I didn’t know bookworms looked like they just stepped out of the cover of Vogue,” Lucas stops as his gaze locks on a poor girl.

                “You really need to stop reading all those magazines with Sammy, they’re decreasing your testosterone levels,” Adrian snorts and I feel the corner of my lips lift up at the joke. Adrian just loves to bring everyone down from their high, it’s pretty funny actually.

                “Maybe if you’d listen to her she wouldn’t make me have slumber parties with her and make me listen to all her girl talk,” Lucas nags Adrian.

                “Speaking of, when will Sammy arrive?” Adrian asks nonchalantly. He looks away trying to make it seem casual but we all know he’s dying to see his girl. I really did think that beating him up a couple of times would kill his infatuation with my sister that was until Sammy pleaded their case with fists and a knife, but that’s a story for another time.