The Strange Pair

"Hi Uncle!"

Shiki happily ran over to the dangerous vampire hunter, as he stood before the Night Class with pure disgust reflected in his eyes. When he turned to Shiki, his eyes softened, and brought her into a hug...

"Hey Shiki!!! I haven't seen you in a while!" Yagari said with a broad smile. He spun Shiki around in circles, leaving the rest of the vampires behind. Yagari placed her down on her feet, and turned to face the rest of the class. His gaze hardened like stone, his hand itching to grab his gun behind his back.

"I'm going to teach you little monsters as your Homeroom teacher. If I spot one of you near the Day Class at night, all there will be left is dust," he snarled. Shiki frowned at Yagari, but quietly, everyone went to their seats. Headmaster Cross entered the room, with a serious glint in his eye.

'For once, Headmaster looks serious..'

Shiki took out a pencil from her blazer uniform and started to draw on a piece if paper she took from Yagari's desk. Headmaster Cross and Yagari both turned to face the students, and cleared their throats.

[Shiki's POV]

"Well, it looks like we might have a slight problem..." Headmaster Cross announced. "The Vampire Hunter Association is looking to hunt down the last heir if the Tsukumos. The reason is because they couldn't find the corpse of the heir when they Tsukumos were destroyed."

Kaname and Aido gave me quick glances, and faced forward. I continued to draw on the piece of paper, sitting next to no one, unfortunately.

"Shiki, you are going to be Zero's partner as a Guardian."

My head shot up, my pencil snapping. My eyes almost buldged out of my head. Aido looked like he was about to explode, while Kaname was composed. Well, he was struggling.

Headmaster beamed in pride, while Yagari rubbed his temples with his hands. "You really are foolish."

<···>

"Well then, now you are going to be helping us, onee-san!" Yuki said excitedly. Zero stood beside her, glaring at me with his lavender eyes. I sighed in misery. Why was I paired up with a him? 'Cause the 'foolish' Headmaster thought Zero would be nicer to vampires if he spent time with me.

I walked around the fountain for about the 6th time, as Zero sits on the bench, glaring at me. I finally stopped and glanced at him.

"Why must you be so angry at me, just because I was born a vampire?" I asked with curiosity. Zero scowled and folded his arms.

"I never like blood sucking leeches like you beasts in human form. I'd rather be human than a level E vampire," Zero hissed, throwing a nearby pebble into the fountain.

A loud and sudden thud echoed through the nearby forest. Zero whipped his head towards the direction of the sound, as I took off my necklace, and slowly held my hand out. A bright burst of light appeared at the end of my finger tips.

"What was that?!" Zero yelled over the loud incoming boom from the light. He looked at me in confusion, staring at my hands.

"What? I'm a vampire of course. I have powers too," I said with a pout. He rolled his eyes, and stared back at the poor target. There was a man, with a terrified look in his eyes.

A level E...

"What's he doing all the way near the Day Class?" I asked, with curiosity finding its way through my head. Zero took Bloody Rose out, and shot the poor creature into dust. The dust then flew away with the wind.

"You could've at least sympathized the poor creature before you  put it out of it's misery," I scolded. Zero once again rolled his lavender eyes and placed the Bloody Rose back into who knows where. I definitely wasn't curious about that.

We both stood there quietly for a while, looking away from each other. That was, until I got tired of the silence.

"I'm going back to the dorms to read my books. This is way too boring and silent," I said. I turned to walk away to the dorms, until the scent of fresh blood drifted into my nose. I looked over at Zero, who realized someone was injured. We both rushed towards the scent of the bleeding target.

Who was bleeding?

--------

SORRY FOR THE DELAYED CHAPTER.

I'm just hopelessly busy, and school starts in a week for me. But I will try to write everytime I can!