Dangers in Town

[Shiki]

A loud crash definently wasn't music to my ears. I shot up and jumped off my bed. My eyes darted from corner to corner in my room. I gently placed my necklace in the pocket of my sweatpants. Slowly, I opened my eyes and surveyed the whole school and the area around me.

"Come out. Whoever you are," I growled. The room was silent, not a living thing to be spotted. A knock caused me to throw a dumbbell at the door.

"WHOA. WHAT THE HECK, LADY SHIKI!!!"

Aido carefully walked through the broken door, and cautiously looked at me. I frowned, and slowly went back into my bed.

"Oh no your aren't going back to sleep. It's time for school!" Aido screeched. He grabbed my blankets and ripped them off. The warmth quickly left me, making me shiver.

"I swear, Aido. You want to die that badly?"

"I'm pretty sure he doesn't".

I looked at the door way, where Kaname had a amused smirk on his face. "Oh... Hi there."

"Time to get ready, Lady Shiki," Kaname softly said. I groaned, and walked off my bed. Aido and Kaname continued to stare at me.

"Do you expect me to undress while you two are in my room?" I scoffed, raising an eyebrow. They both shuffled out the room as I closed the door. Sighing, I dressed into my white uniform, then walking out the door.

As I entered the main lobby of the Night dorms, I spotted Rima, Kaname, and Aido. I walked down the stairway, towards the couches.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked. Aido shrugged, and Rima had a blank expression.

"Well then. Shall we go?" Kaname asked. We all stood up and walked out the Dorms. I can already hear the noise from out the gates. We all started to walk out the gates, and the first thing I saw was the Day Class girls bullying Yuki.

"Get out of the way, Yuki!"

"You can't have the Night Class to yourself!"

Even the Day Class boys were there. Anger welt up inside of me, until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked to the side and saw Kaname staring ahead, with his hand on my shoulder for reassurance.

I calmed myself down, and started walking towards Yuki. But then, my composure was all ruined, thanks to one certain girl. A dumb blonde Sun Class girl. That's all it freaking took for me to unleash the beast inside of me.

A blonde girl pushed Yuki with so much force that she had fallen on her arse, with a yelp. The crowd of girls were silent, staring at the one at fault. Anger had built up, surfacing, causing my eyes to glow deep blue. Kaname had noticed my change, his eyes widening in surprise. I rushed to Yuki's side, helping her up.

"Oh, hi onee-chan! Sorry for causing a scene..." Yuki started. I gave her a soft smile, and ruffled her short brown hair. Then, I turned to face the dumb blonde. She gave me a polite smile, and smirked.

"Hi. My name is Shiki Cross. Mind telling me why you pushed my sister? Especially since she is spending her time to keep watch late at night, keeping you annoying bit-"

"I'm sorry for disrupting your conversation, but it is time for us to go, Shiki-san," Kaname said, covering one hand over my mouth. As much as it agitated me, he was correct. We would be running late if our conversation had not ended right now. I sighed, glaring at the girl.

"Yuki, if anyone dares disrespect you, please contact me or inform me right away?" I asked, biting the bottom of my lip. A chuckle escaped from her as she grinned.

"Alright. Go to class now. Every Day Class student must report back into their dorms or detention will be handed out!" Yuki yelled. A crowd of groans and profanities were heard, as the Day Class started to disperse. We, the Night Class, walked to our class.

<···>

"Alright, that lesson took forever!" I groaned, leaning back into my seat. Aido rolled his blue eyes, and scoffed. "You had barley paid any attention in your studies!"

"Excuse me? WHO hasn't been paying any attention to MY lesson?"

We both turned around to face Yagari, who held a rolled up newspaper, and a cigarette in his mouth. He was looking... at me.

"What! It wasn't me! Aido hasn't been paying attention in class. I caught him sleeping during your class!" I quickly lied. Aido looked at me in horror, as Yagari smirked.

"Hanabusa, I advise you to learn your lesson after this," Yagari said, whacking Aido in the head with the newspaper. I quietly ran out of the classroom, and out the building. Was it me, or did the air feel a little chilly?

I stopped infront of the fountain, sitting down on the edge. Glancing down at the water, I saw my reflection at the surface. I had brown eyes, and exceptionally long hair. I took off my necklace, and my eyes turned blue, my hair changing to silver.

"Child of the Tsukumos. I'd better be on my guard if I were to be you."

I whipped my head around, towards the forest, where most vampiric events happened. Standing there in the midst, was a woman. She looked oddly familiar, on the tip of my tongue.

Yet I could not figure it out.

"State your name," I demanded. I hissed at the woman, as she came closer, almost out of the forest. But once she stepped one foot out, she hissed in pain. She stepped back into the forest, retreating from the faint rays of the sunset.

"You are a poorly ranked human who was bitten by a Level E I assume," I said. She hissed at the word, 'Level E'.

"I pity you. Yet I cannot share my blood to help your thirst. It is best if I can end your life here," I scowled, standing up from the fountain. The woman fled back into the forest, as I glared at her faint figure.

"Don't go after her."

"You finally decided to show yourself?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Kaname had stepped out from under a nearby tree.

"You need to place the necklace back on. You are taking in drastic changes from not bearing the gem on your neck," he stated. The gem in my necklace glowed, as I gently placed it back on my neck. My hair returned to it's plain black color, my eyes shifting back into brown irises.

"Who was she?" I questioned. He shook his head, answering by gesture. I gave a huge sigh, and walked back towards the Night Moon Dorms. This day was enough for me, especially Level E's appearing in the deep forests.

But what bothered me the most, was...

Kaname had clearly known what that woman had come here for.