4. How To Read The Bible & Listen To God

The bible can be a little intimidating when you first look at it and open it. I think it's because of the largeness and the strange lettering that are within it. Like the "Thy" and "Thus" word that are throught some of the currently written bibles. I read the KJV, and others read NIV, NKJV, and many others that have been written over 5 centuries. Now I got nothing against people who read many different bibles besides the KJV, but over all, the bible can be quite confusing. The bible has 929 chapters in the Old Testament, and there are 260 chapters in the New Testament. This gives a total of 1,189 chapters (on average, 18 per book). So yeah, as you can see 1,189 chapters of stories, symbolism, and confusing words. Down below will help you understand the book in a easier way to read the bible and to understand it.

Read with a pen- Make notes, circle stuff, ask questions.

Hunt for Promises- underline or highlight the promises.

Key word- look for those words that make the section make sense.

Repeat, repeat- If a word or phrase is repeated, it's important.

If/Then or So/That- look for the cause and effect phrases in the bible.

Therefore- if there's a therefore what is it there for?

Apply it- ask how this part of the scripture applies to you today

Use S.O.A.P- read Scripture, make Observations, find Application, and Pray

I hope that these thing that i have listed above will help you because they have served my well in the past. Just note, don't make it hard on yourself if you find some of it easier than the others that are listed then USE them. If you don't get a scripture like it doesn't make sense, go to a pastor or a Christian friend who can explain to you what it means. That is all I have to say and as always I hope God blesses you forever and ever always