9. Proof of Christ's Resurrection

" Now when they were going, behold, some of the watch came into the city, and shewed unto the chief priests all the things that were done.And when they were assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave large money unto the soldiers,Saying, Say ye, His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept.And if this come to the governor's ears, we will persuade him, and secure you.So they took the money, and did as they were taught: and this saying is commonly reported among the Jews until this day." ~Matthew 28:11-15 (King James Version)

1. The resurrection of Christ is an accepted historical fact, and the person who questions or denies it must offer the proof that He did not arise from the dead.

The same Satan who tried to destroy Christ on the cross now wants me to believe that he is still dead! It was Satan, the liar, who was the author of the conspiracy between the Jews and the soldiers in Matthew 28:11-15 that you read up above.

2. Christ's Person demands that He be raised from the dead.

As the Son of God, He could not be held by death - " Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it." ~Acts 2:24

3. Christ promised He would be raised from the dead.

His virtuous life proved that He always told the truth, and even His enemies could find no fault in Him. Either He came out of the tomb, or He was a liar.

4. Eyewitnesses testified that they had seen Christ

Luke 24:33-36~ " And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you."

John 20:19~ " Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you."

John 20:26~ " And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you."

Acts 1:3~ " To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:"

Acts 1:21-22~ " Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection." At one time, over 500 people saw Christ alive

1 Corinthians 15:6- " After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep."). Some unbelievers say that these early witnesses were "hypnotized" or that they suffered from "self-imposed hallucinations." But it would be impossible for 500 people at one time to be hypnotized or to suffer hallucinations.

5. The change in the early believers proves He arose from the dead.

When you stop to think that Peter and the other apostles didn't expect the Resurrection, the remarkable change in their lives proves that they must have met Christ. Peter was a frightened coward one day and a mighty preacher a few weeks later!