six

Hell swore silently as he watched her wide eyed gaze transfixed on the broken table? What a great day today was shaping out to be. He thought. First, his sister had forced him to tell Rowan he is her Mate and now, she had just seen him break a table in half. Such an amazing day.

Finally, Rowan was able to tear her eyes from the collapsed table and her alarmed looked at Hell for an explanation.

"Did you just—"

"I'd prefer not to talk about it." he cut her off whilst standing up. Prowling the length of the room while Rowan watched him.

She watched him again before she sighed folding her arms to her chest. "Then why am I here?" she muttered though loud enough for him to hear. Hell stopped. His green eyes fixed on her like the question had just slapped him hard across the face.

"What do—" he was shocked. That much was obvious. But Rowan was tired. Like she had told him before, she hated more than anything to be treated like a baby. Not being in the know. Being treated like someone who can't handle matters concerning her life.  And that's exactly what he was doing. What was so secretive he couldn't just up and tell her? What kind of person kidnaps you and doesn't give you an explanation why?

"If you just can't tell me why I'm here, then I see no point staying here with you. I'm tired of living this way? I had a life too you know—back home. I had a family. I had friends. I had people who loved me. I was happy. I was happy. And all in a day, that vanished. People I thought I would always get to see. People I never imagined not seeing. People I was happy to see with me. All vanished just in—one day?" her voice was getting higher with each word until she was literally screaming and cautioned herself to lower her voice down, her eyes not meeting his.

  She couldn't even properly remember how long she had been kept hostage. It felt like forever. She sighed her eyes tracing the many papers dotting the floor due to the crash of the table.

  "I want home. I hate living like this. I want to be with people that make me happy. I want to be free. If you can't give me that," steeling her mind, Rowan stood up and looked him straight in the eye. Was that apprehension she saw in his eyes? "Then I see no point of the supposed conversation we are having."and she began to head to the door. Internally, she was shaking. She finally spoke her mind. And he was letting her go, just like that. He hadn't even said anything. She couldn't get to the door fast enough.

When she finally did and turned the door knob with shaky fingers, it refused to budge. She was locked in with him. Fuckin' hell! She would have to go back to him and ask for the keys.

What an annoying day.

Slowly, she turned and cautiously walked back to him, avoiding his eyes at all cost though she felt his eyes watching her every move. And he hadn't moved from the spot he was since she started talking—more like ranting. She corrected herself.

She got a few metres away from him and stopped, her toe making circles on the floor, her eyes downcast. "C—Can I have the keys please, the door is locked and I want to leave."

  She was surprised when she heard the keys rattle in his pocket. He was actually going it to her without saying anything?! Her eyes rose just a bit to his chest. He had on a white t-shirt and she could trace the outline of his well defined muscles. She gulped as she saw him stretch the hands of the keys he had with him. She also reached for it gladly, about to quickly unlock the door and get out of the tension.

He stopped and withdrew his hands as her fingers grazed the keys. Rowan's chest tightened. It was too good to be true.

"D—do you really feel this, this way." she clearly heard him gulp and her eyes flew to his at response. He had so many conflicting emotions filled in his eyes she didn't even known where to start from. Was it the guilt, the anger, the fear, the pain. It was so much, too much for a person to feel all at once. He was still looking at her, the key in his hands, still out of reach from hers. He was waiting for an answer.

"Um, yes." she hesitated just a bit before she answered maintaining her resolve with eye contact. She blinked. She hadn't thought it was possible for someone to school their emotions so quickly. Only an impassive bored look was now on his face as he took his eyes off her.

"You can leave here. GO." he said with finality and walked back to his chair to sit. Discussion closed.

When she finally got to her room, she sat on the edge of the bed and reviewed the events that had occurred since she woke up. It was just one surprise after the other.

And then, "You can leave here. GO." she could still hear it. His last words to her. And she was pretty sure he didn't just mean she could leave his office. This was her chance.

Going to her wardrobe, she looked in the bottom and found an half full camping bag. It was already packed with basic items on when she needed to run. She only needed water and food staples in it.

Racing to the kitchen as subtly as she could, she was glad it was empty and packed a few water bottles and canned food—bread and sardines. Satisfied with a now full bag, she ran again back to her room and changed. Full camping gear. Black shorts, dark shirt, wore boots on her feet and she was out of the house in no time. She inhaled and exhaled the fresh air outside feeling the sun kiss her skin. She felt free. She felt like a bird—left alone to explore, find her family. Then she began walking, she was finally going home—realization hit her in force.

She stopped waking and paused. Turned back to the house and cursed loudly.

She had no idea where she was headed.

Author's Note:
This chapter has me feeling some type of way—Idk. But, I hope you like it. Thank you for reading! !

Please comment, I love love love feedback and vote too, it makes me happy! 😊 ♡

unedited