eleven

Hell tried to erase the thought of his Mate from his head as he got out of his home running towards the border—where his men were fighting the rogues—trespassers who never learnt to keep off his land.

His Mate was already distraction enough from the task at hand—which was killing every one of the intruders. If not for them, he would have been with his Mate. The little temptress. How had she even learn that? How to seduce? Because clearly that's what she had tried to do. Seduce him into staying.

Mid-run and thought, he shifted into his white wolf.

"Please come back safe to me."

That he definitely will. And then they would talk.

To Rowan, the passage just kept on growing narrower. In truth, it was still pretty much the same width since she entered it. The darkness hid that to her. She felt literally blind. The pitch dark-ness kept swimming in her vision. It wasn't any different when she should close her eyes so she relied in feeling through the wall.

It wasn't easy. She was tired. Her injured leg and arm hurt and she just wanted to sleep.

She was starting to think she wasn't going to find the end until she reached a spot and she couldn't feel any wall again. She reached out to empty air. She tried again. This offset her stand and led her falling face flat to the ground.

It hurt like a bitch. She had used her forehead to hit some weird metal shape. She raised her hand in the darkness to rub the bump which was growing by the second.

Her hand found her forehead and felt the sweet. Swearing out loud, she angrily dropped her hand in the process, hitting the metal with her fingers.

"Damn it Hell! Is this some kind of sick punishment you came up with? Argh!" she yelled loudly. But stopped. She thought she heard something. She stilled looking around the darkness for what exactly she had heard. She heard again. It was from directly below her. A bang.

Hell had told her to stay down here no matter what. He had told her to stay quiet, well oops on that. She just screamed her lungs out and it was obvious someone heard her due to the thumping coming from below her. He also said Gemma will come find her.

Could that be Gemma then?

"Gemma," she asked knowing it wasn't a smart move. If it was a killer, that's how they would be able to get her. She wasn't even supposed to say anything.

"Rowan? Is that you." the loud voice of Gemma filtered through. She didn't properly here the words that followed after but she heard a 'I'll come get you.' 'Stay back.'

Stay back.

Acting in reflex, she moved backwards and heard a loud bang and dust read with a loud clang like a metal door being tossed aside. The dust had gotten into her eyes and caused her to cough and sneeze repeatedly.

As the dust settled, Rowan saw that it was an opening. The metal door she had hit her head on was somewhat a trap door leading down to what looked like an underground basement filled with—people. A lot of them. Most of them stood by the side watching her as she watched them, surprised.

What is this? What is happening? Who are they? Where did they all come from?

Was this some sort of trap she was falling into?

She began to shield herself from their searching gaze until she heard Gemma push through the crowd.

"Thank God you're alive. He'll would have killed me if not." she saw the pure relief on Gemma's face.