eight

Blindly she ran. No apparent destination in mind, just safety. She didn't think. She didn't stop. She couldn't. She was scared for her life. The wolf eyes were full of menace when she saw and something else, something else she couldn't quite read.

All she was concerned about right now was survival. To find her Dad. Home. Comfort. Love. The last thought caused her to freeze in shock. Love.

She paused mid race and completely unprepared, her leg got caught on a thick undergrowth root and she started to tumble down the steep slope. It was a rough drop. There wasn't much she could use to shield herself. Her bag was heavy and kept pushing her forwards. She could only protect her face with her arms. But her knees were vulnerable. Thorns, scratches and irritation she got all that from her plunge. But she didn't seem to be stopping or slowing down any time soon. She wondered how far she was going to go until she landed face flat on the hard ground with numerous stones and rocks dotting the ground. It hurt. Damn it hurt.

Her arm felt like it was going to fall off its socket. Slowly, she managed to free her back from the backpack she had been carrying all these while. Painstakingly, she set it on the ground beside her and assisting her arm with the other, she looked up and found her leg in strange angles. It was so hard to move it. It was so hard to move her body but she tried. Gritting her teeth, the less injured shoulder on her left, she reached to her leg. Now she was happy for being not too tall. A few stretches, she reached her left leg and set it in a more humane way. Her right leg was now the problem. She had to move her injured arm. She had to. She almost felt like screaming in pain when she moved it a slight inch. Pin-pricks were crawling through her body. But she had to get up. A mad wolf was chasing after her for a reason she had no idea of. Then she started to cry.

Why do bad things always have to happen to good people? She was a good person—is. She just wanted to go home and now, she was too weak, too injured, too scared to run. She should have just stayed with Hell. She shouldn't have bothered leaving. She should— she had no idea what she should have done? What else will a sane human try to do in a situation like hers? Just sit still and accept whatever little information was dished to them?

She gave up. She couldn't even stand of she wanted to. It wasn't possible for her—it isn't like she was a tough girl from the beginning. She didn't know the first thing about being strong. Reason why she always avoided disputes, fights, and anything that had her in the position to fight back. She shied away from it. Always did. And when it got too much, she ran. Running was her hobby—her escape, her retreat when the turmoil of the world got too much for her to deal.

She stayed on the floor waiting, not sure which was first—death or the wolf killing her. Either way, she wanted it to be hastened. She begged to whoever was listening.

Hell didn't try to control himself. He just wanted the annoying pests to get off his back and let him hunt—he only wanted to hunt, kill, but his people kept getting in his way and in his inebriated state he didn't give a shit. All he cared about was that he wanted them out of his way or they died. Simple as that? His wolf was charged, he was charged and angry. What better way to let it out than to kill.

His vision was already clouded with a red haze. He was stronger than all of his fighters by far—a reason why he was their Alpha. He could win, but they were too much. Too many of the annoying fuckers and even in his red induced have, he still had a little reason, cautioning him that, if he killed all of them, there would be no one to protect his Pack while he was gone haunting.

That was when he raised his big wolf head to let out a bark—to signify that he didn't want to fight. He just wanted to hunt. As he did, his eyes came in contact with her. His mate. The one that wanted out. The one that wanted to leave him.

He saw the panic register in her as she recognized his eyes. And then she began to run. He let out a loud wolf laughter. Didn't see learn? Both in human form and being the animal that he is, he loved a good chase. And this time around, he wasn't going to be held responsible for his actions when and where he was going to catch up with her.

She tried again to stand, leaning to her left side for support. She didn't want to give up. She wanted to try to be strong. And then at least, die trying. Surprising, the pain had ebbed a bit but the throb in her head was bad. Closing her eyes, and slowly, gingerly with the effort of a tree's bark which was so comfortably in her reach, she held on to it for support as she stood up.

Up, she rested all of her good weight on her left side. She didn't know one thing about first aid and hadn't packed any medical supplies in her bag. She could only hope to reach civilization in time. Before she died of infection, or loss of blood—oh, the wolf!

She heard the snap of sticks, leaves being crushed to the ground under the feet of someone—something. The person didn't even try to hide their presence. They knew she was here and wanted her to know they were coming for her.

She couldn't even run if she tried but she did and fell back to the ground as she tried to even her weight from left to right side. She shouldn't have tried.

Looking to the direction where her intruder was coming from, dirt she saw the snout, the head and then the body. It was the same wolf with the green eyes. It came closer to her. Then as if it with restraint, circled her. It's eyes not leaving hers. She was scared. Scared of the impending doom but what  old she do? Throw a stick a far distance and hope it would chase after it and leave her alone? Stupid idea. Would it even fall for it?

Stupid idea or no, that didn't stop her from trying to. She broke eye contact with it and forgetting, she quickly spotted a stick and threw it hard and far into the distance in front of her with her right hand watching and waiting for the wolf to follow the stick. It only watcher her, not taking its eyes off her. They were such a beautiful shade. It didn't even watch the stick sail like she did.

She was so sure now. She was going to die. And she wasn't even 18 yet. All those dreams she had had about being the big 1 8. She wanted to be with her father by then, continue schooling, learn to do something useful with her life, travel the world. Fall in love.

But nothing, none of that was going to come true. She was going to die and now. Forcing herself to accept it, she slowly closed her eyes. She was still crying.

Did she have any last words, just one. Please make my death quick.

Her eyes flew fast open as she heard what sounded to be the most painful thing ever—bones were cracking. Pops and cracks echoed in the forest. She watched in amazement as she saw it stretch and before she knew it, it had turned into a Man! She looked at its face. Hell to be exact—and he was very naked.

What exactly was going on?

She didn't even try, she just allowed herself fall into the darkness that was calling.

Author's Note:
Well, next chapter. Hope you like it. Whatever you don't understand, feel free to ask and I'll gladly explain. Thank you for reading. Please comment and vote ♡ ♡ ♡

unedited