sixteen

She was so excited. Was her father still living in the same cottage they moved into after her mom died? Did he move? Did he remarry? Is he living alone? Was he taking proper care of his body? Did he miss her too much?

Rowan was so curious to know how far her dad was faring? He would be so proud to see his little chicken so grown up, so older, so—injured.

She looked up at Hell's stubbled chin, studying it. How would she start? Hey, stop. I'm sorry, I can't exactly see my father this way. I don't think he'll appreciate me this way.

Mid crisis, he seemed to have noticed Rowan's fixed gaze on him, and briefly looked down on her, his eyes quickly scanning her.

"Is there something wrong?" it was times like this? When he was concerned, his Italian descent showed in his voice. He spoke so perfect English she was sure his Italian was just as perfect. She wanted to hear him speak it to her. Even though she understood nothing about that language unless 'Amor' which she knew means love but isn't sure if it is French or Spanish and then, there's Tesorino that Carlos always calls her but she had no idea of what it meant. She wanted that kind of thing with Hell. A fond name he would call her in his native tongue.

"No," she said out of impulse. He didn't believe her. "Er, yes actually," her eyes went to her cast as his followed hers. She tried to lift her cast. "I don't want to go see my father looking like this especially with you carrying me. I'm heavy."

He didn't stop in his stride. She didn't even see where they were headed but now he seemed to be going down the stairs.

"I'm not complaining." was all he said and the case was closed. Sighing, she snuggled into his arms. She loved the comfort he oozed while she was being carried. She didn't want to leave this. Ever. She also ignored he had only answered one half of her question.

Which got her thinking. She was sure her home was far, far enough that he couldn't carry her all the way there. At least, they would need some form of transportation, a car to be specific. Did he have another alternative? Was he going to change to his wolf? Would it carry her instead?

With all the questions, she was tempted to ask but he'll just answer one half and clamp his mouth shut. So, she kept her mouth shut.

Hell was nervous. He didn't know how she was going to take this. Take what he was about to show her. Even if she pleads and begs while she should see it, he'll do nothing to revert his decision.

He only hoped in time, she would be able to forgive him.

Hell pushed through another door, it was dark, and had burning torches casting shadows on the wall. It was so ancient for a house quiet modern. It reminded her of underground passages? Was that were they were? But why?

She thought she heard the scurry of something running. Rats? Could be her mind playing on her. She was growing more aware of where Hell was taking her and why?

She even heard the might shut and cranking open of doors. She couldn't turn to look. He'll caged her neck from turning the other way. She stared scared at his chest. It was rising and falling rapidly.

She wanted to ask where they were headed. Where he was taking her to while she was relaxed with him but was scared of where they were going. Scared if what she thought she was about to find. She heard a loud yell, loud rumble that went deep into her bones. It was chilling—like life leaving one's body.

She finally got the guts to speak up. "Where are we—"

"We are here."

Rowan didn't know what to expect? What is here? Why are they here and not out of his mansion? Out towards the woods, headed to her own home.

He set her down unto a chair and placed her legs on another. The little she could see about the place she was sat—which wasn't much. Clinical floor. Empty walls. Depressing air. Hall's face in hers. She watched his lips as it moved.  It was shaped like a bow. Pink and inviting.

"Hear me out first before you judge. I have a reason for what I did and I want you to trust me, that's why I'm showing you. Keep an open mind." she was too scared to be distracted. He was staring her with his words. What was she about to see? Why should she keep an open mind? Did he kill someone? Did he expect her to understand he was a murderer? She definitely wasn't going to keep an open mind about the man she was starting to like—yes—killed people for the hell of it. It was a definite NO and whatever they thought they had was over. That was no ex—

He had gotten out of her face. Watching the confusion on her face would make him hesitate and want to protect her. Honestly, he didn't want her to see. Want to shield her from this cruel world but she had to. It is time.

"Come out now." they were both facing a cell door. A wide cell door that was dark in but she could see the steel walls. She glanced at Hell who had his gaze straight ahead in the dark cell.

Was it a caged animal inside? Another wolf like him? One of those supposed rogues he had killed? A reason why he had blood on his feet or wha—

"Holy shit." she had totally not ever pictured the head that came peeking out of the darkness, eyes looking at her in wonder.

Author's Note:
I love you guys. Honestly. Thank you for reading. Sorry for the cliffhanger and short chapter. It was unavoidable 😒 😜
Please vote and comment!!!! ♡ ♡ ♡

   unedited