Prologue

Hey everyone, I am so glad you decided to give my story a chance. I hope you like it and all the cheesiness and cute romantic scenes to come yet in the story. ;)

Here the prologue,

~***~

"What about a divorce?" As my dad suggested it my eyes only went wide. I had never thought about it.

"No, he wouldn't divorce her. Their whole family is very religious. They think divorce is a big sin." Well, you forcing me to get a divorce for no big reason is not right either. I thought bitterly when my mom, sitting next to my dad said, scoffing at the last part.

I just sat there watching my parents take the decision again. They never take my opinion, even when they are deciding something for me.

"Doesn't my opinion count in this matter?" I asked skeptically.

"Of course, honey, but we were just discussing your options." My mom smiled at me. I rolled my eyes at her. "Look, it is better to cure the disease before it gets bad."

"Seriously? Mom, it is not a disease, it's a Nikah." Mom just widened her eyes at my comment.

"Don't you know how serious this is? It is hard enough to find a good proposal for a girl who is never been married before. Who do you think will come for you after you get divorced?" She snapped at me.

"Mom, I don't want a divorce. That's it." I said flatly to her face and went to my room.

I am Zaina Ali. My Nikah with Ahmad Hassan took place when I was only eighteen years old. Before I could fall in teenage love, we went abroad and just had a rare telephonic contact with my in-laws. I never called him once and neither did he. But still I was so used to the idea of us together for the last few years that it felt odd and weird just to think about the divorce.

It was my grandfather's last wish. He asked my dad to perform Nikah of all his children, mostly daughters when they turned eighteen. He even got proposals for us too. Ahmad, my husband, was the grandson of his best friend and apparently they had made a pact to get us married once we were older not that I was against it. I was close to him as compared to my other siblings. According to him, Ahmad was a gentleman even in his early years. My grandfather liked him a lot and that's why he chose him as my spouse. Ahmad was three years older than me. My elder brother Ahsan Ali was married to Daniya Malik. It was decided for my little sister who is five years younger than me to marry Daud Azhar who is also a family friend. And they got betrothed just last year at her eighteenth birthday. I don't know why my grandfather came up with this idea.

Why you ask this ruckus all of a sudden? I turned twenty four this year and my mom started saying that I was getting old and should finally be married. I agreed to it as I had no disagreements whatsoever. She asked my in-laws if they were okay about it. And they agreed. The preparations were already completed as it had been five years or so. We returned back to our country five months ago and we were currently staying at our old house. My parents went to my in-laws yesterday. There occurred a slight problem.

They turned out to be very religious and we were not even close.

My family was not very religious or should I say even a little bit. I think the last time I prayed was in the month of Ramadan with my grandfather almost six years ago. I sometimes take in consider to think about the ways of living life by Islam but never worked upon it. Though some things are taken very seriously like eating pork and some are not like drinking alcohol.

And my mom freaked out at their place and left before they could finalize the date. My parents never wanted to be associated with the religious people.

I looked at my appearance standing before the mirror. I had black shiny straight hair that flowed to my waist. I was wearing blue jeans with a t-shirt that reached my mid thighs. I had fair complexion which I was very proud of. My lips were bright pink. In short, people who'd look at me would always admire my beauty and say how beautiful I was. I stared at brown eyes that stared back at me. I never had any problems in my life. It was easy as I had everything served to me in my plate while growing up. But right now I was torn because of life. I didn't know what to decide. I wanted to continue my life with Ahmad Hassan; I wanted to stay with him because my grandfather chose him for me. You feel some kind of affection hearing your name constantly taken with someone else. I was so used to it that I couldn't stand even on hearing about being separated from him. But I was afraid of what others would say, what would happen if I chose to be with him. Would the differences between our lifestyle create problems for us or not? Would I conquer it or not? Would I be happy with whatever decision I make? So many such thoughts explored my mind. I was so deep in my thoughts that the azaan [call] for Isha Prayer woke me up.

For the first time in six years I stood up and performed ablution with my heart. I prayed to Allah. It was weird how I never forgot the verses of Quran the Holy Book and Dua we say in the prayer. After I was done with my prayer, I sat on the jaye-namaz [prayer mat] and asked for His guidance. I cried the whole time and for what seemed like forever, I sat there just making Dua [wish]. The odd thing was sleep came peacefully to me that night.

~***~

I hope you enjoyed it.

Please feel free to comment the mistakes so that I can correct them. Don't post negative comments or use bad words.

Thank you so much for checking it out! Don't forget to vote and comment!

See you later, 

Ayyah xD