#7 - The Dark Side

Don't forget to vote and comment!

~***~

After spending the entire two weeks with Ahmad, I got to know much more. I was so happy that I got stuck with such a nice guy like him. I hadn't felt this happy ever before. We were going back and I was getting worried what would happen next. Sana was barely talking to anyone, my mother-in-law was freaking out on everyone. Ahmad was very tense because of all this. Also Rabya appi's condition was no better. She was in so much pain lately. Ahmad and I barely talked on our flight back home and just held each other. I hope everything goes well.

We hired a cab lugging our bags to home. I rang the bell as Ahmad started getting the bags from the cab to our door. Sana opened the door and before I could say anything she ran back inside not before giving me a look.

I have to talk to her later. I thought. I was going to say salaam when a very hard slap made my ears ring, my mind all confused and my eyes blurry. My cheek where I got slapping was stinging so painfully. I looked up to see mother-in-law in full form standing there ready to pounce on me. I looked back at her confusingly. Father had held her back or else who knows what she'd have to me.

"Get the hell out of my house, you home wrecker!" She yelled at me as I looked at her in disbelief. "You are a monster. You destroyed my house. You killed our peace. Ever since you came we have never been able to live peacefully."

I stopped my tears to fall out but they were not following. Ahmad came barging in.

"What is going on?" He asked quietly.

"Ahmad, son! She is a monster. She will never let us live in peace. Look what have happened to us. Sana barely talks. Rabya my daughter is in pain. And who knows what she has done to you. I haven't had a sigh of relief ever since the day she came. Divorce her!"

I was staring at the ground listening quietly to her false accusations. But when she said 'Divorce her' I quickly looked at Ahmad for support and found a little backup that he was too glaring at his mother.

"What are you saying? I won't do that!" He said forcefully. "She has been trying to bond with no matter what but you have been ignoring and blocking her out. You think I don't see that. I can see everything. Even if she won't tell me her fears or let me see her tears I can see her helplessness. And what are trying to say, that she cursed our family somehow? Rabya appi is pregnant mother. She is supposed to feel pain. And you know that. If you are worried about Sana then why don't you ask her what is wrong instead of putting all the blame on my wife."

He was glaring at his mother while I was silently shedding tears beside him. He supported me and what was the good thing that he protected me even from his family. I was scared of not telling him about my feelings but now I feel I should have told him everything. I don't know why I was crying I should be happy.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as Ahmad grabbed my hand and dragged me to our room with me still crying. My face was all teary and my nose was already red. As soon as he closed the door behind me he engulfed me in hug tightly.

"I am so sorry she raised her hand on you. Please forgive her. I am really sorry I was not there to protect you." He whispered softly as I started sniffing loudly. He gently caressed my cheek and kissed me there. I felt like the happiest person alive just because I had the greatest husband ever. He hugged me again.

"You don't have to be sorry for anything. You protected me. I am glad that you didn't believe her that I was bad luck to the family." I smiled.

"Well, how could I let her say all those petty and rude comments about my loving wife?" He asked me.