#6 - The Honeymoon

Hey everyone, I hope this chapter is worth the wait. I am at my home because of the Ashura holidays, and I think everyone knows how busy you can get with the family. ;)

Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment!! I'll really appreciate it. <3

~***~

The next day went awkwardly quiet. Mother and Father returned from their visit and Sana was quiet all day. She never said anything except Salam to everyone. I couldn't help but pray for her betterment. Ahmad was off at work and Rabya appi still hadn't returned. I made breakfast and lunch for everyone. I tried to talk to Mother in the meanwhile but she as usual ignored me saying she needed rest.

I was feeling quite lonely and I didn't want to disturb Ahmad at work so I called my mother. I tried to talk to her about how I was feeling but she instead started gossiping about women and their daughters and all. I quickly said goodbye and went to sleep hoping that when I wake up I would get rid of this weird feeling.

I woke just before Ahmad was about to get back. I quickly freshened myself and hurried outside as the bell rang. It's not like no one else would open the door but I liked greeting Ahmad before anybody could.

He kissed my forehead as he entered. After meeting with his parents and eating dinner he went upstairs to our room. I sighed as I had work to do. I had to clean the kitchen, wash the dishes and clean the lounge as well. I got to work and it took me an hour to tidy up the house. I was tired from working all day as Rabya appi was not home or else she would have helped a little. I thought Sana might help me for once but I was proven wrong. She walked upstairs quietly and slowly mulling over her thoughts. I had been doing much more thinking than ever which just made me depress than before. The only thing that seemed to help me was spending time with Ahmad.

"Are you okay, habibti?" Ahmad was sitting on the bed reading. He asked me as I entered the room. Without even bothering to change I sat next to him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I am just tired from all the work today." I replied. He moved a little putting his book on the side table and started massaging my shoulders. But as I tried to move to stop him he just ignored my efforts and continued.

"Sometimes, you should let me take care of you instead you taking care of everyone." He whispered softly in my ear kissing my forehead.

~***~

"I am so excited that I can't even tell you." I squeal stopping myself from jumping up and down. We were in our room all packed and ready to go.

"Yes, I know. I can see how much you are happy just by looking at your face." Ahmad smiled at me as I hugged him again.

Ahmad had called a cab and we were just waiting. I wanted to surprise him with my hijab as he was unaware of this change. After transferring the luggage downstairs he came up to get me.

"What is taking you so long? Come on already." He said impatiently.

"Why don't you go ahead? I'll be down in few seconds." I said to him. He shook his head and headed to the door.

"All this makeup won't make you pretty." He snickered knowing it would get on my nerve. Before I could move he ran outside.

I had just applied a little eyeliner and lip gloss. I took my shawl and slowly and neatly wrapped it around my head. I used some pins to help it stay in its place. I have been practicing whenever I was free so that I could get used to it. I viewed myself in the mirror and slowly walked outside checking for the last time.

I saw Ahmad was waiting in the hallway for me. We had already said goodbyes to everyone last night. As it was really early nobody bothered to get up, thank God. Ahmad looked up at me it felt like he forgot everything around him. His gaze was so intense that I felt flutters in my stomach. My face was so blushed that I avoided his stare and looked down. He came to me and took me by my waist. He grazed his fingers on my cheeks slightly that aroused me.