#9 - The Good News

Hey guys, I hope you are enjoying the book. Here's the next chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment! Enjoy XD

~***~

"Dad, I have something important to tell you." Ahmad said to his father as I returned with a pitcher of water from the kitchen. I was dreading this moment. Everyone was almost done eating. Qasim bhai was not going to work so he was still eating as he was the last one to come. I guess not having Rabya appi to help him wake up in the morning was trouble for him. Sana was done eating and was waiting for the bus.

"Yeah go ahead son." Father said eating his toast.

"I have been looking for a new house with Qasim bhai. And yesterday we actually found a great place. I am going to move out at the end of the month In Sha Allah." He told him.

"Ma Sha Allah, that's great news son. I am proud of you." Father replied before anyone could say anything. His mother was staring at him as if he had gone mad.

"What are you talking about Ahmad? You must be joking." Mother shouted at him. "She must have asked you." She was pointing at me. I was so afraid of her glare that I hid a little behind Ahmad.

"Mother, please calm down. She hasn't asked me anything ever since we got married. I don't want to live my whole life fighting every morning and night. I wanted to live my life peacefully with my family but you were making it hard for me. This is the only solution." He replied with a determined tone.

"When are you going to move out Qasim bhai?" He asked with an interest ignoring his mother. He had planned to move out before the birth of their baby but now the plan was still under process.

"Well I was thinking until Rabya gets better after the birth I can set up the place then we can move in. I am really glad that we found houses next to each other or I would have been worried about Rabya being bored alone at home all the time." He replied.

I was so amazed and shocked at how the males were taking this topic. I could sense the glares that mother were sending in my direction. She suddenly got up making a screeching noise with her chair and stormed off to her room.

"Don't worry about her dear. She will come around. It is hard for her to handle it all." Father said to me looking at me with sympathy. "Remember what she did to Rabya?"

They all shuddered. Guess I am not the problem here.

"Allah Hafiz Dad" Father kissed Sana on her forehead and bid her goodbye. "Allah Hafiz you guys."

She waved us goodbye as her bus was here. Qasim bhai went upstairs probably to check on Rabya appi. I quickly cleaned up in the kitchen and followed Ahmad to our room. He was already dressed tying his tie in front of the mirror. I removed my scarf and threw it on the bed.

"What are you doing? Get ready quickly." He impatiently said to me.

"Why?" I asked him in confusion.

"I don't want my mother and you to have a fight in my absence. Who knows what she'll say to you? It is going to be you guys only."

"I am not going Ahmad. It is not the right way. I am sure we can work it out soon." I sat on the bed stubbornly. Ahmad rolled his eyes at me and rummaged through my clothes. He took out my clothes and went to put it in the bathroom with me glaring at him all this time.

"Zaina, please don't test my patience and get changed quickly. I am already late for work."

"So you can just go. I am not going with you. Everything doesn't go your way, you know that." I smirked at him. He grimaced.