#5 - Secrets

I am really sorry for the late update. I couldn't find time and courage to update between all the assignments and university stuff. I hope you all can forgive me. ;)

To make it up for you, here's a long long chapter guys. Enjoy!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

~***~

When I woke up for Fajar, Ahmad returned to the room before anyone could see him. I looked at him as he stared back at me. He looked as miserable as me.

Tears build up in my eyes. Forgetting everything what happened yesterday, I ran up to him and hugged him tightly. He staggered a little but stood his ground. He hesitated a bit but pulled me closer putting his hands on my waist. I started crying; again wetting his shirt.

"Please forgive me Ahmad. I am really sorry for what I said yesterday. I wasn't thinking clearly. I feel so bad for upsetting you. I am so stupid." I rambled on asking him to forgive me.

"Zaina, I should be the one to apologize. I know how my mother behaves with you I should have consoled you instead of shouting at you. I am really sorry." He said and kissed my forehead affectionately.

We stayed in that position for a while. All the discomfort I had felt last night was fading away. I missed his touch. I missed being in his arms. I was away from him for one night and I was devastated. I couldn't see my life without him. My happiness depended on him.

"Let's pray together and ask the Lord Almighty to bless us with happiness and trust in this marriage."

I nodded and followed him.

~***~

The day passed without any fight. We connected with each other using our cellphones sending cute messages here and there. I was really thankful no one came to know about our fight. Ahmad also tried to talk to his mother when he came home but she didn't budge.

It was almost eleven p.m., I decided on wearing my night clothes. Ahmad was still downstairs so I was alone in my room. Instead of wearing my night gown I wore pajamas with one of Ahmad's shirt. It was very loose and half sleeves were like full sleeves.

I passed my time waiting for Ahmad by playing games on my cellphone. I wanted to talk it out with him instead of staying mad at him. It was quarter to midnight when Ahmad entered our room silently. I was having sleep attacks but I tried my best to keep myself from sleeping. I sat up straight when he entered. He looked beat-up in his thoughts.

"Why are you so late?" I asked doubtfully.

"I am sorry I didn't thought about you. I was just ..." He replied rubbing his temple. "You should have gone to sleep. I am going to change my clothes."

He went to the bathroom before I could say anything. I sat up so that I won't fall asleep. I thought about what he said. What if it is again something about me? I felt nervous again. He returned wearing only trousers with a towel hanging on his shoulder. I felt a blush coming watching Ahmad like this.

I cleared my throat to get his attention. He was also disturbed because he looked away.

"I am sorry I thought you were sleeping. I couldn't find my shirt I left in the afternoon to wear at night." He said meekly.

"Maybe it is because I am wearing it." I stood up and went to him. He looked up and his eyes went wide. He chuckled and put an arm around me kissing me softly.

"You look nice in my clothes. By the way whatever is mine is yours too, habibti." He said softly. I blushed but focused on the real problem.

"Ahmad, what is going on? Is it again about me? If it is about me you have to tell me. I don't want to fight again like yesterday. Please don't deny the fact that ever since we got married all the arguments you've had with your mother are about me." I said looking in his eyes.