D A Y E L E V E N

A/N: gif to the side is of Blake Lively who plays Venus in this story hahahahahahaha. She's quite pretty, isn't she?
Get drunk on some happiness today okay yeah okay.

———

———

Give thanks to Allah, for the moon and the stars...

My phone buzzes along with my alarm ringtone, automatically doing its job to wake me up. It's time for me to get up, eat some food for my Suhoor, brush my teeth, pray, and...

...And get ready for work. With Damon. And Kenneth. And Venus.

Can someone remind me why am I doing this again?

I groan and stop the song from getting farther by hitting the dismiss button. It's not that the song is loud—actually, it's quite soothing and lullaby worthy. But I just really want to eat.

I shrug myself out of my covers and reach blindly for my pack of spicy samosas; Damon's number one delicacy. My stomach is already grumbling for some of it as I lift the pack.

...Why does it feel way too light for comfort?

My eyes shoot open and I scramble up to a sitting position. The pack is transparent and judging by the lack of samosas in it, I already have my culprit.

She comes in the size of a 5'7 punk rock dressed sister.

I frown and get out of my bed. My veil falls to the floor but I don't bother myself to pick it up. Instead, I walk straight out of my room and cross the hall to scream at Vanessa at the beautiful time of four in the morning.

I walk into Vanessa's room and take in the sight in front of me. Vanessa is sitting cross-legged on her messy bed, looking at her laptop. I can hear the characters singing, "love is an open dooooooooor" and she's munching on a samosa. Her eyes widen when she sees me come in.

I'm sure I look like a train wreck. My eyes must be bloodshot and my hair is probably flying all over the place, giving me the Medusa effect. Unfortunately, I'm not Medusa. At this moment, I really want to turn her into stone.

"Yo Paulina," she says sheepishly before popping what I suspect to be the last remaining samosa into her mouth, "Funny story. I was watching Frozen so I got hungry. We don't have popcorn in the house—I really think mom should go grocery shopping—and I saw a pack of samosas just waiting for me so...haha?"

"You just devoured my Suhoor!" I don't care if it's four in the morning. I'm livid.

"Suhoor?" her eyes widen. "Dude, I thought it was a leftover sort of thing! I'm so sorry, really."

Why would a whole pack of samosas be considered a leftover? My alert brain tries to come up with a snappy reply but finally, I sigh. She really does look guilty and I decide to let it go.