D A Y T W E L V E

A/N: another update yay yay yay :)

I hope you guys like it :) enjoy the gif of my female crush being...uh...idc to be honest but just enjoy it lmao. It made me smile.

(New, beautiful banner by oceanwaved so feel free to check out her cover shop and thank me later, she's an amazing graphic artist!)

———

"Are you sure it's wise to fast and work in a Café?" my father says as he sits on my bed, looking worried. He's decided to stay at home and neglect going to his garage for the day.

I nod as I fold my hijab. I've had my prayer break for the noon prayer; Zuhr. It's time for me to go back to Halle Café and face Venus as she gushes about Albus Dumbledore being played by Johnny Depp.

I really think being this ignorant must be a sin. Like...can't she manage to just search on the cast or something?

"Hmm. Okay then. Fine," he yawns and stretches his body across my bed. "Enjoy yourself as much as you can," he yawns again and snatches my pink duvet. He wraps himself in it like a burrito and I laugh.

"Uh-huh," I lean down to pat his receding hairline. "Love you, dad."

"Love you Mija. Now go away. You have some money to make," he yawns loudly and I roll my eyes before leaving my room. I really should do something about my bed.

Vanessa is in the living room, eating some popcorn, and watching Legally Blonde. Her eyes shoot up when she spots me and she tries for a smile. I return it with a scowl.

"Please Paulina. You're meant to forgive me. I didn't know it was your Suhoor, honest!" she throws one buttery hand in the air. Popcorn flies out of the bowl because of the movement and I raise my eyebrows.

"I forgive you. But that doesn't mean I'm happy with you," I shrug and adjust the veil around my head. "I'll see you later."

I walk out of the house before she can think of replying.

———

"Hey Diadem," Damon grins as he sits on the stool beside me. It's his turn to attend to the people at the counter with me. His hair shows signs of a haircut, his skin looks a bit pale and his face is cleanly shaven. His apron is a bit stained with flour but his hair—we thank God for small miracles—lacks the mixture.

I smile and exit my game of Candy Crush. The chocolate stuff was going to make me lose anyway. "Hey Steroid Pillow. What's up?"

He chuckles nervously. "Nothing much."

Silence descends upon us. I vaguely wonder why he looks nervous. He's running his fingers through his hair and his face looks slightly flushed. This is weird because he has always been pretty confident around me.